Coral Vue Hydros

help me

swiftisthefuture

swiftisthefuture

ok ive been very interested in this stuff for about two years (im 18) and i have a 29g and a (kinda reef) 55g they arent the most successful but i think i may have some success with a smaller tank so i talked to my senior biology teacher (i have her yr round) and we are going to buy a 12g tank from dr foster.... i plan to do the basics but but wonder how much LIVE SAND and LIVE ROCK i should use.... and if i can shorten the cycle process by using some water out of my 55 and some extra live rock i have.... i want this tank to be awesome ima ask many more questions in the future and i hope you will be patient of my ignorance and youth

i love this stuff

swiftisthefuture

oh and by the way wonder what kind of lighting wattage i should be looking for with a 15 g and where i might get them (i buy most of my stuff from dr foster and smith....

Well little dude your in the right track. Im sure that there are alot of people that are willing to help you out here. Pretty good community here. I say for your 12G tank, you should use something in the range of 20lbs of LS (live sand) IMO. Then you should place in that tank something like 1 1/2 lbs of LR (live rock) per gallon. That should get your cycle started. Now to be honest with you Im not sure about placing water from your old tank in the new one because I have never done that. But I heard of some people here doing that. I also purchase my things from Fosters and they are pretty good in giving you good information, but then again remember they are in it for the bussiness. You might get other opinions here so best of luck little dude reefer!

Archived