Innovative Marine Aquariums

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

17 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

SS shopping done, thanks to @Marine Depot

Now on to my own tank shopping. So tempted to grab the lagoon 25 Black to set up a frag tank. 

dooooo it.  i actually went and got an acrylic frag tank on ebay instead because the lagoon 25 is too big =(.  stupid 10g acrylic frag tank costs the same as the lagoon 25.  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

SS shopping done, thanks to @Marine Depot

Now on to my own tank shopping. So tempted to grab the lagoon 25 Black to set up a frag tank. 

Ugh ya I might do this too... Some of my corals are just getting huge and only so much room on a frag rack in such small tanks.

My lfs has lagoons for 125 and how can I say no?

2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

dooooo it.  i actually went and got an acrylic frag tank on ebay instead because the lagoon 25 is too big =(.  stupid 10g acrylic frag tank costs the same as the lagoon 25.  

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Ugh ya I might do this too... Some of my corals are just getting huge and only so much room on a frag rack in such small tanks.

My lfs has lagoons for 125 and how can I say no?

If it were $125, heck yeah! 

I was talking about this one on MD: no AIO in the back, can use HOB, heater, and LED bar - keeping it simple. not sure if evaporation will be an issue or not.  

https://www.marinedepot.com/Innovative_Marine_NUVO_Black_25_gallon_Aquarium_Nano_Cube_Aquariums_Tanks_20_29_Gallons-Innovative_Marine-0I05529-FIAQNCNTTT-vi.html

I probably should use that $90 toward some other things I really need for current tank, like dosing containers and another BRS 1.1ml pump. 

SS shopping done! And to reward myself for sitting in my pajamas and clicking a mouse I went to my LFS and bought three frags out of the $10 tank. lol One has only one rasta zoa polyp on it (I got them for $7.50 for buying 3) which is ridiculous but ~shrug~ oh well. Unless I get 2 (and pick the correct two out of the three I have) bumble bee snails out of my tank that zoa will be gone in a couple days anyway so I just bought really expensive snail food, but we'll see what happens. In the meantime I'm excited to get my things, pack Santa's gifts and get them sent!

• Like 3

Secret Santa shopping 90% complete (thanks alcohol and Cyber Monday)! Normally, I would make a vague statement like “boy, do I feel for the sad sack that I drew!” But in this can I know who that is, and so I can definitively say I feel bad for that person! Sometimes you win, but probably not in this case!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Eww forgot about this... I’ll send em a nickel. 

Wow ....... didn't know you were such a generous guy .... already spent all your pennies? 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Also, I dont know this person real well or at all really ....... so not sure how far I can go with spreading my cheer .....

Question is, Has that ever stopped you 😂 eh yolo

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I bought the stuff few days ago but one thing has to be made so hopefully i cam get it out by the deadline.

Yea I am done shopping too but speaking of deadline when is that??🤔

2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Dec 11 to ship 

Good deal i can manage this. Man this exchange got the wife a little fussy. Shes complaining that i put more thought into this gift than I do hers.  My response was well ya but you dont like cool shit.. 😎

• Haha 9
2 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Good deal i can manage this. Man this exchange got the wife a little fussy. Shes complaining that i put more thought into this gift than I do hers.  My response was well ya but you dont like cool shit.. 😎

I have a spare room :lol:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weikel said:

My hubby said the same thing the last SS I did lol but he buys everything he wants anyways lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My hubby said the same thing the last SS I did lol but he buys everything he wants anyways lol

That's me!  I see it , I buy it . No need to waste time . 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Same shit from my wife every year this comes around.....she’ll get over it

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Weikel said:

My wife now started SS in her department at work cuz she wants to do cool SS thing like me. Haha

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Same shit from my wife every year this comes around.....she’ll get over it

Hopefully she does . If not maybe her nanobox fuge light I got her will smooth things over.  😂... I mean shes the one who complains about the alage in the tank after all

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic