SaltCritters.com

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

16 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Welp, one of you yahoo's living west of the Mississippi can be expecting a package in 3-4 days. I hope you like My Little Ponies and Awkward Aerobics DVD's. I'm really gunning for the worst gift award (that's a thing right?!).

Do you cook? If someone THEORETICALLY was debating (in THEORY) on sending a cutting board, but wanting to make sure the $$ materials and expensive-ass shipping THEORETICALLY wouldn’t go to a THEORETICAL reefing wasteland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Do you cook? If someone THEORETICALLY was debating (in THEORY) on sending a cutting board, but wanting to make sure the $$ materials and expensive-ass shipping THEORETICALLY wouldn’t go to a THEORETICAL reefing wasteland. 

While I don't often play in the realms of THEORY... THEORETICALLY, three years of law school have taught me to be quite comfortable with the the realms of the HYPOTHETICAL. If we are talking HYPOTHETICALLY amongst friends, of course, a certain house with a pink-lacquered door in New Orleans definitely cooks. But again, HYPOTHETICALLY when comes to beautiful handmade cutting boards, we would most likely not taint it with the drudgery of dicing the trinity or butchering a strap of teal. But being the refined folk we are (in Louisianan that means we don't always attend weddings in overalls), would HYPOTHETICALLY use it to display fancy cheeses and accouterments while sipping on 'shine and entertaining our overall-wearing guests! Again this is all HYPOTHETICAL. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
righttirefire
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

While I don't often play in the realms of THEORY... THEORETICALLY, three years of law school have taught me to be quite comfortable with the the realms of the HYPOTHETICAL. If we are talking HYPOTHETICALLY amongst friends, of course, a certain house with a pink-lacquered door in New Orleans definitely cooks. But again, HYPOTHETICALLY when comes to beautiful handmade cutting boards, we would most likely not taint it with the drudgery of dicing the trinity or butchering a strap of teal. But being the refined folk we are (in Louisianan that means we don't always attend weddings in overalls), would HYPOTHETICALLY use it to display fancy cheeses and accouterments while sipping on 'shine and entertaining our overall-wearing guests! Again this is all HYPOTHETICAL. 

Fancy cheese... Not that plain white Monterey jack or soild yellow cheddar cheeses, but you mean pepperjack with all those little pepper flakes, colby jack with the marbled white and yellow, and swiss with all them crazy holes?

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

Okay- so whoever is potentially your secret santa should know that you are hypothetically interested. 👍

• Haha 1
righttirefire
Just now, HarryPotter said:

Okay- so whoever is your secret santa should know that you are potentially interested. 👍

Im not spent that kind of money to display pickled pig feet and opossum sausage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welp, shipping an order from MD to a non-Paypal address is proving to be quite difficult.  I was notified that they can't process the secret santa order for the delivery address requested - this is very good of them to prevent any fraudulent purchase from happening.  But now I have no idea the standing of that order. My order history on MD for that one doesn't show any progress, even after replying to the email stating that they could just ship it to me.   😞 

Shoulda made things more interesting like @HarryPotter said to do. and send SS personally.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
righttirefire
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Welp, shipping an order from MD to a non-Paypal address is proving to be quite difficult.  I was notified that they can't process the secret santa order for the delivery address requested - this is very good of them to prevent any fraudulent purchase from happening.  But now I have no idea the standing of that order. My order history on MD for that one doesn't show any progress, even after replying to the email stating that they could just ship it to me.   😞 

Shoulda made things more interesting like @HarryPotter said to do. and send SS personally.    

I just hope hes at school and the turtles eat his gift

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I got some lovely coral-clippers and coral food today!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

18 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I think from you! 😍

Was the address written in crayon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
righttirefire
44 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

No, but I have the billing address 😍

Those **** *******! I specifically noted to pack that shit with glitter and mail out all the billing information to the billing address. 

4 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

@Marine Depot help a brother out here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Prizes so far are listed on first post 

I still use my stuff from @inTank I got last year, glass scraper and note pad get used almost every day. I'm out of candy though 🤤

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Prizes so far are listed on first post 

Very nice! Shout out to all of those guys! that was super cool of them all!!! 

Speaking of prizes how does one win said prizes🤔 I mean if it goes to the best looking nano reefer I am a lock, but what about all the old ugly folk like @spectra???? How could they win....

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
righttirefire
4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Very nice! Shout out to all of those guys! that was super cool of them all!!! 

Speaking of prizes how does one win said prizes🤔 I mean if it goes to the best looking nano reefer I am a lock, but what about all the old ugly folk like @spectra???? How could they win....

Spectra and Jbb have an "arrangement" jbb just keeps all the loot for himself. Thats why we only see him once a year.

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Spectra and Jbb have an "arrangement" jbb just keeps all the loot for himself. Thats why we only see him once a year.

Ahhh I get it. Nice hustle 😋

5 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

This a legitimately my third favorite conspiracy theory of the moment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, righttirefire said:

What are other 2?

Uhm, I like to keep a list of these type things for this specific occasion:

1. QAnon: 100% batshit crazy and I get endless entertainment reading about it. The world order is run by a global cabal essentially for the purposes of pedophilia... haha, gets me everytime...

2. The moon landing: not because it’s a funny or a particularly interesting conspiracy theory, but rather because it brought us arguable the seventh greatest moment in American history: 80 year old Buzz Aldrin punching a conspiracy theorist. Damn, it just doesn’t get much better than that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic