Pod Your Reef

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

11 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

Yep, and they wanted back in the secret Santa like a year or two later and offered to send me a box of used aquarium gear to make up for it.  

You're still accepting Whiskey bribes tho... right?

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Pinner Reef said:

Thank gawd... BTW, Yesterday, I got blacklisted from Park City Ski Area because of that Whiskey.

sounds like a good time 😎

21 minutes ago, Pinner Reef said:

Thank gawd... BTW, Yesterday, I got blacklisted from Park City Ski Area because of that Whiskey.

Surprised you’ve not been blacklisted from the state....pretty sure I’m not welcome after my last visit. 

6 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

For anyone complaining about shipping: I had to ship a 9lb cutting board. Ouch.

For petes sake you live at home quit bitching :wink: you probably spent 10 bucks on glitter to :lol:

5 hours ago, Mazzy21 said:

I don't want to describe my package cuz I don't want to give it away but maybe shipping has increased significantly since you've last shipped USPS. Next year I'll follow others in drop shipping. I know the post office has a job to do and needs to get paid for that job but it would feel better, to me, to spend that money on my SS and let the business I purchased from deal with the shipping, then everybody wins - I buy more, SS gets more.

PS - and in all reality it just comes down to a matter of what any given person prioritizes. Like in a couple other posts people were talking about used items. I wouldn't send a used item becasue I have no idea how my SS giftee would feel about that, BUT if my own SS saw something on my list that they had, worked, and they didn't use and decided they could stretch their dollar further if they gave me that used thing and then spent their money on some other item I'd be totally cool with that and consider that an awesome use of resources (plus it keeps one more thing from the landfills). So ~shrug~ it's just how we all feel we can give our SS the best gifts by how money is best spent IMO.

Well when you ship this :lol:image.png.03e9fa49b1ae7f8706665b039d5eeabb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, spectra said:

For petes sake you live at home quit bitching :wink: you probably spent 10 bucks on glitter to :lol:

Well when you ship this :lol:image.png.03e9fa49b1ae7f8706665b039d5eeabb.png

Dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste. 

7A8F045D-F083-4860-9778-1E3DEC9E546F.gif.f6e157a3ac5b6d63343587ebebd8f137.gif

• Haha 2

Ok stopped by USPS this morning to purchase shipping for my SS box...….we all know there is no line at 5am :wink: so since when did 2 day priority become 3 day priority for the same price :rolleyes: flippen gooberment……………….well if I can get it boxed up today and drop it back off I guess Friday or Saturday maybe they will get there box of joy :unsure:

Oh man- I just won a few LED lights from a reef2reef thing... I want that 24x14x14 @UNS tank to make a growout!!!! 😍. I would plumb it into my reefer 350 for stability and ease of maintenance. Holy beautiful... would be Insanity. @jbb_00 how many $ex toys would you require to rig the drawing? 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Oh man- I just won a few LED lights from a reef2reef thing... I want that 24x14x14 ULM tank to make a growout!!!! 😍. I would plumb it into my reefer 350 for stability and ease of maintenance. Holy beautiful... would be Insanity. @jbb_00 how many $ex toys would you require to rig the drawing? 

He was charging 3 last year. I'm sure it's gone up since then.

What lights did you win? Congrats.

34 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

He was charging 3 last year. I'm sure it's gone up since then.

What lights did you win? Congrats.

I won 6 lights, 6 light mounts, and a controller for this "Noopsyche K7 Pro II 95W" from reef2reef. The fixtures appear to use really nice LEDs- Osram and semiled, and are about 90w each. So each of them similar to an XR15 or hydra 26 in output. It's the first time I've ever won anything, from the hundreds of things Ive entered. Pretty thrilled.  It wasn't "random" winners; pretty sure the company chose their favorite tanks to represent/advertise their fixtures.  

Of course, 6 of them above a 24x14x14 tank would be overkill. But would be amazzzzzing for acro growout! And the lighting is the primary expense given I would be utilizing the filtration of my reefer.  Oh man.... A boy can dream. 

Maybe it was because I had good karma from spending too much on my NR SS 😳. His cutting board arrives today!

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Oh man- I just won a few LED lights from a reef2reef thing... I want that 24x14x14 ULM tank to make a growout!!!! 😍. I would plumb it into my reefer 350 for stability and ease of maintenance. Holy beautiful... would be Insanity. @jbb_00 how many $ex toys would you require to rig the drawing? 

Why should you get it when you can't even get their name correct ? 

It's @UNS not ULM

• Haha 2
A Little Blue

Stopped by shipping center earlier so my  SS recipient might get it this week. Not going to say which service I was using but their pricing is just dumb. $1.4 difference between standard and more expedited option🙄 Expedited it is then. 

And I have to apologies for packing and lock of creativity when it comes to this stuff. I’m a simple man. 😂

1 minute ago, jbb_00 said:

Why should you get it when you can't even get their name correct ? 

It's @UNS not ULM

Touche. I was mixing up their name with  "ultra low maintenance". 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Weikel said:

sounds like a good time 😎

16 hours ago, Sancho said:

Surprised you’ve not been blacklisted from the state....pretty sure I’m not welcome after my last visit. 

Technically; it's the second time I've been blacklisted, by that area, because of that same distillery.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, RoboNarples2929 said:

I won't be able to get mine sent out until tomorrow, is that ok?

Tomorrow is the deadline so just make sure it goes out tomorrow and you will be fine 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic