Top Shelf Aquatics

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

Assuming that I’m the SS, which I’m obviously not... The red paint was probably a terrible idea, our back porch and shed may or may not still look like a murder scene!! 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

Assuming that I’m the SS, which I’m obviously not... The red paint was probably a terrible idea, our back porch and shed may or may not still look like a murder scene!! 

That is the single best Christmas card I have ever seen. Bravo, my friend, bravo- truly a work of art 😂 100% worth it

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NanoRox said:

I feel horrible.  I didn’t even wrap my stuff...just put it all in a box.  I suck at this 

Boring!!!!! Send something additional! xD

8 hours ago, NanoRox said:

I feel horrible.  I didn’t even wrap my stuff...just put it all in a box.  I suck at this 

Ditto.

At least I haven't mailed mine yet so I can go back and wrap, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to do so otherwise. I don't know anyone well enough to do cool jokes. Don't want to send booze cuz I have no idea how old my person is and don't want to commit a felony. Tried to stalk them a little but nothing really came up in posts beyond normal tank-related stuff. Apologize now to my SS giftee for a boring package. At least I think they will like the gifts inside.

• Like 2
righttirefire
4 hours ago, Mazzy21 said:

Ditto.

At least I haven't mailed mine yet so I can go back and wrap, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to do so otherwise. I don't know anyone well enough to do cool jokes. Don't want to send booze cuz I have no idea how old my person is and don't want to commit a felony. Tried to stalk them a little but nothing really came up in posts beyond normal tank-related stuff. Apologize now to my SS giftee for a boring package. At least I think they will like the gifts inside.

Yeah... i just totally lamed out and drop shipped mine. Hopefully next year life will be calm enough to enjoy so SS gags

• Like 1

I didn't wrap my stuff either. I don't think he cared too much though, didn't complain. Although he never posted in here as to what he got so maybe I struck a nerve by not wrapping it 🤣

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

I didn't wrap my stuff either. I don't think he cared too much though, didn't complain. Although he never posted in here as to what he got so maybe I struck a nerve by not wrapping it 🤣

Well having just shipped my package, if I do this next year I will be drop shipping like all the other smart individuals, so unless @MarineDepot starts an SS wrapping service, any future SS will be getting 'brown bag' service. lol

• Haha 2
righttirefire

I like the personal touch. 2 years ago i bought @spectra a case of coors light, opened the case and took a beer out of the middle for... QUALITY CONTROL... and cut the to of the can off but his gift inside the can and super glued the top back on. A coupme days after the deadline we had already arranged to meet up so i delivered him a case of beer for Christmas cheer while he moped around that he had been forgot for SS. until about a week later when he finally opened the case and found the empty beer can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

I like the personal touch. 2 years ago i bought @spectra a case of coors light, opened the case and took a beer out of the middle for... QUALITY CONTROL... and cut the to of the can off but his gift inside the can and super glued the top back on. A coupme days after the deadline we had already arranged to meet up so i delivered him a case of beer for Christmas cheer while he moped around that he had been forgot for SS. until about a week later when he finally opened the case and found the empty beer can.

I def wanted to put my package together myself, and I am happy I participated so don't take this the wrong way, but shipping charges added so much to the cost that literally the only person I will be spending more on this Christmas is my own mother. I wouldn't mind spending the money on GIFTS for my SS, but spending it on shipping sucks. That's why I think next year I would drop ship and put that money toward more or fancier gifts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
righttirefire
1 minute ago, Mazzy21 said:

I def wanted to put my package together myself, and I am happy I participated so don't take this the wrong way, but shipping charges added so much to the cost that literally the only person I will be spending more on this Christmas is my own mother. I wouldn't mind spending the money on GIFTS for my SS, but spending it on shipping sucks.

Totally agree. Paying for shipping sucks... especially if you pay twice

2 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Yeah speaking of that you owe me a beer :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
A Little Blue
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

$30 gift, $10 is shipping.  Ridiculous.  And USPS is still bankrupt....

Hint:

You can send an empty box, pay $30 for overnight shipping and call it a day. 😉

• Haha 2
A Little Blue
42 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

you are the worst =P

In comparison to what I have been called on here it is quite a complement. 👌🏻 Lmao

💐

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Hit me again and you’re getting empty box for real. 😇

One year , my santa skipped out and sent me absolutely nothing so an empty box would be a step in the right direction. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic