Pod Your Reef

Official Unofficial 2018 Secret Santa Nano-Reef Gift Exchange 🎅⛄🌲

jbb

Word on the street from my SS is that there is ANOTHER box arriving!! 

My SS > Your SS (unless  your SS is from NOLA (cuz that guy is prettttttty sweet))...

11 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Word on the street from my SS is that there is ANOTHER box arriving!! 

My SS > Your SS (unless  your SS is from NOLA (cuz that guy is prettttttty sweet))...

Where the hell is NOLA, and how do I kill said superior SS? 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks, but I don’t want to damage the light housing for warranty purposes. 

Light came with hanging kit that includes a center mounting screw/loop thingy. I’ll just take that to my neighborhood hardware store and try to find a match. 

Like I said, no big deal but PITA if you are not handy or want to deal with such a f@$k up. 

I would contact Kessil just to confirm thread size. They may use metric and would blow if you stripped or wrecked the threads. 

28 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Do you happen to gave a infrared (non contact) thermometer? I wanted to see how how the new kessils get after running @100% for a while, perhaps an hour or so. LEDs like heatsinks, I’m curious how they were able to cut the size in half while increasing the power. Sounds odd to me, just because there haven’t been large developments in LED efficiency lately.

After seeing one in person the design is much better than the old. The unit has a massive fan centered with a efficient fin pattern. The venting is much larger than the previous version. This allows for dirt, grime and salty goodness to escape easier. It is one item many LED users over look. Cleaning the heatsink fan passage. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, spectra said:

Ok mine is going out monday...........figured I dont want a live animal sitting over the weekend........those chupacabras are already pissed off as it is.......

Good thing I found the little Asian guy who sells mogwai. I hope my SS won't feed it past midnight... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, DaveFason said:
42 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

anks, but I don’t want to damage the light housing for warranty purposes. 

Light came with hanging kit that includes a center mounting screw/loop thingy. I’ll just take that to my neighborhood hardware store and try to find a match. 

Like I said, no big deal but PITA if you are not handy or want to deal with such a f@$k up. 

I would contact Kessil just to confirm thread size. They may use metric and would blow if you stripped or wrecked the threads. 

I am 99 percent sure that they use metric. I won’t f@&k it, I promise. 😉

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Good thing I found the little Asian guy who sells mogwai. I hope my SS won't feed it past midnight... 

Thing is are there any other old people who may get this :unsure: 

16 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I am 99 percent sure that they use metric. I won’t f@&k it, I promise. 😉

Yes its metric...…...hell everything is metric even the so called American cars :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

After seeing one in person the design is much better than the old. The unit has a massive fan centered with a efficient fin pattern. The venting is much larger than the previous version. This allows for dirt, grime and salty goodness to escape easier. It is one item many LED users over look. Cleaning the heatsink fan passage. 

That's pretty impressive, with a big fan it should be pretty quiet too. I'd still like to see the temperature/wattage in comparison to the a360, for curiosity's sake. 

2 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

My mother-in-law send me a birthday card with a $30 check... so i got you all beat

Have you cashed it yet...…...never know it may bounce :lol: 

I know if it was me sending it to mine I would draw it off a closed account...…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, kimberbee said:

That's sad. I understand that some professions are needed 24/7, but people deserve time off too. Delivering packages on the weekends seems so unimportant to me, but it's also been really cold and snowy here... eff driving around in this weather all day having to get in and out of a warm car!!

I get the sentiment, but keep in mind that it isn't just one guy driving every day of his life. It's an entire organization that I *believe* (but still hoping someone knows for sure) is running seven days a week, just like any retail store or restaurant or hospital, etc. Everyone DOES get time off. Some get time off on weekdays and some on weekends and some on one of each. 

• Like 1

Oh shoot I think my s.s. Package came in today. 😊.. well at least I think it is . It’s hard to tell bc my wife got a hold of my amazon password and has been ordering “gifts” for days.. I am hoping it is the s.s. Package and not some random candles the wife ordered , but it’s hard to tell if it is without the little penises drawn on the box.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep... definitely s.s. package.. I have a clue as to who my s.s. is now though lmoa.. I think I am going to have to have a few beers before I open this one just in case there is a taxidermy squirrel or something in there 😆😆

20181207_161607.jpg

20181207_161619.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
2 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Its not @spectra his old hens dont mess around with paint. Lol

yep them old ladies pretty much just eat an d shit now............I need some new ones........hell didnt think a chicken could live so long.......hell I dont even think the coons will eat them as there so old......

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

You seriously don’t know who it is? 

I think he is just joking around if not well someone needs a clue :lol:  easy peasy to figure that one out...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

You seriously don’t know who it is? 

Ha no when I first opened it I saw the taco paper not the card. What can I say now when I see cartoon tacos I think sancho.. 

I am hoping that the gift is copy #1 of the house chicken story.. might be a collectors item some day

• Like 2
Just now, Weikel said:

Ha no when I first opened it I saw the taco paper not the card. What can I say now when I see cartoon tacos I think sancho.. 

I am hoping that the gift is copy #1 of the house chicken story.. might be a collectors item some day

I’ll give you a hint....he lives in New Orleans 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Sancho said:

That wrapping paper......pure ####ing gold 🤣

Who the hell uses wrapping paper...........I figured if I can shove the stuff in a condom all is good :unsure:

• Haha 7
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic