Cultivated Reef

New Community Sponsor Reefsmart!

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Please join me in welcoming our newest sponsor ReefSmart to the Nano-Reef Community! 🎈🎉

IMG_9671_JPG.jpg

ReefSmart is the creator of Aquadomes, a clever dome shaped frag mount particularly well suited for SPS, LPS, and zoanthid grow out and mounting.

silverpicopro.jpg

ReefSmart is also preparing to introduce the PicoPro 2.5 gallon reef jar with integrated powerful 2 channel 24W LED lighting system and lid.

Learn more about the PicoPro and Aquadomes at www.ReefSmart.com 👀!

Thank you for supporting the Nano-Reef Community @ReefSmart💙

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Please join me in welcoming our newest sponsor ReefSmart to the Nano-Reef Community! 🎈🎉

IMG_9671_JPG.jpg

ReefSmart is the creator of Aquadomes, a clever dome shaped frag mount particularly well suited for SPS, LPS, and zoanthid grow out and mounting.

silverpicopro.jpg

ReefSmart is also preparing to introduce the PicoPro 2.5 gallon reef jar with integrated powerful 2 channel 24W LED lighting system and lid.

Learn more about the PicoPro and Aquadomes at www.ReefSmart.com 👀!

Thank you for supporting the Nano-Reef Community @ReefSmart💙

Yay!! 😃  Welcome........ that pico jar looks exciting! 

• Like 2

Hi Chris and nano-reefers!,

Thank you for the warm welcome and company introduction! We are so excited to be a sponsor here at nano-reef.com. Reefsmart is a family of aquarium keepers who have turned our passion into a business.  Our mission is to provide the most advanced pico aquarium system available by continually innovating and updating our development and design approach. We are always very open to community feedback and suggestions. We will strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as we consider our customers to be family. The new Picopro reef systems are available at reefsmart.com for preorder now until Jan 28th at a discount.

Here is a recent video of one of the pico pro demos in action!

Also don't forget to take a look at the reefsmart aquadomes these dome shaped plugs are designed specifically for coral propagation and grow out. Here is one our favorite growout colonies:  

IMG_0990.JPG

• Like 3

What do you use for water movement/flow in the Picopro? 

An air pump? I see some bubbles in video but not much water movement in general. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

What do you use for water movement/flow in the Picopro? 

An air pump? I see some bubbles in video but not much water movement in general. 

Thanks for asking! For this setup I went with just an airpump in minimalist fashion and mostly to test out the concept. To my surprise it was very successful and I have found no need to add additional water flow. I was very cautious at first with the hawkins echinata frag especially considering how delicate this species is.  Surprisingly it has done very well and grown several inches. 

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions