Top Shelf Aquatics

5gal Frogfish Pico (Pic Heavy)

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Capt_Rick_Dixie
4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

You got a great memory!

It was me who had nothing but issues, I'm not alone either.

It's a much larger grain size so I recommend using a very minimal sandbed with it(1").

Mine was 2", I removed half, then replaced all together. Never had issues again. 

Interesting!  I'll give it a shot.  I mean, at this point it's in the tank and I don't have much of a choice lol.  

I'm moving in July so if it's a disaster I'll just totally replace it.  Let's consider this an experiment.. 

It does look nice with the rock I've got in there though and it really makes it almost impossible to see the epoxy.  Corals move into the new tank tonight so I'll toss some pics up in the next day or two once things settle in.  

1 hour ago, Capt_Rick_Dixie said:

Interesting!  I'll give it a shot.  I mean, at this point it's in the tank and I don't have much of a choice lol.  

I'm moving in July so if it's a disaster I'll just totally replace it.  Let's consider this an experiment.. 

It does look nice with the rock I've got in there though and it really makes it almost impossible to see the epoxy.  Corals move into the new tank tonight so I'll toss some pics up in the next day or two once things settle in.  

Fingers crossed it doesn't give you headaches lol. fingerscrossed

• Haha 1
Capt_Rick_Dixie

Came home from work today to find some very happy corals, with the exception of the Acan I was having trouble with and the birdsnest (who is still pissed from being moved).  I definitely may end up moving some things around or dialing back the flow a tad as the Duncan and trumpet are receiving a little more than I know they'd like but I'll give things a week or so to really settle before I dink with anything.  

Here are some quick pics I snapped.  I'll take the time one of these days to sit down and try to snag some really good ones or maybe a little video to give a good feel for the movement in the tank. 

20190108_162223.jpg

20190108_162342.jpg

20190108_162253.jpg

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
Capt_Rick_Dixie

So I had to shut the tank down as I recently moved from the Midwest to SoCal.  I've got her up and running again.  I kept a few of the corals I knew would survive the 3 day drive aaaannnnnddd I have a new frogfish!  

Instead of updating this thread I think I'm going to create a new one.  When I do I'll make sure that I post the link in here. 

Extremely excited about the new setup!  Just need to get some pics together.  

Here is a pic of the angler before I took him home.  

IMG_4103 (1).jpg

• Like 1