Capt_Rick_Dixie

5gal Frogfish Pico (Pic Heavy)

21 minutes ago, Frag Factory said:

Do a 100% water change.

Have you been dosing nopox or any other carbon source at all?

Since the discovery of the dead fish 100% of water has been changed.  Still thinking it may not be a bad idea to do another huge change in a day or two.  Thoughts on that?  

I've been dosing liberally with Prime and Stability.  I replaced my Chemipure and Purigen in the filter as well.

I've never actually  heard of nopox until now.  Interesting.  

On 12/7/2018 at 10:42 AM, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Always wanted one of these in my 5g! How do they do with lobsters? 

As long as the lobster isn't the length of the frogfish or smaller it shouldn't be a big deal.  They do hunt crustaceans in the wild so It may definitely be interested in a lobster roll.   I would worry more about the lobster trying to make a snack of the froggie though at the size it would need to be to not get eaten. 

I'd say give it a shot but watch things very closely and if you notice any interest in the other aside from a simple pass-by separate them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Capt_Rick_Dixie said:

As long as the lobster isn't the length of the frogfish or smaller it shouldn't be a big deal.  They do hunt crustaceans in the wild so It may definitely be interested in a lobster roll.   I would worry more about the lobster trying to make a snack of the froggie though at the size it would need to be to not get eaten. 

I'd say give it a shot but watch things very closely and if you notice any interest in the other aside from a simple pass-by separate them. 

I might consider it but my purple lobster has a healthy bit of hunting in him haha. I have a feeling that both would fight each other eventually. I think they’d be able to hold up though. 

I had an emerald crab that was just a bit smaller than the frogfish. 

He showed interest in it but never tried to eat him...

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions