Cultivated Reef

Horrible AI Prime HD experience. Kessil A80 is amazing

letskeepcoolpeeps

9 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

Also uses less energy.

Yes, it's less powerful (not really a benefit unless it were able to produce the same amount of light, which it can't).

I resolved not to participate in this thread anymore, but couldn't help myself.  I guess that makes it a pretty good troll.  I get that you prefer Kessil; many people do.  You like the interface and design; that's fine (and valid).  However, the two lights aren't comparable in output, and you are comparing a defective unit to a working unit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
letskeepcoolpeeps
Just now, seabass said:

Yes, it's less powerful (not really a benefit unless it were able to produce the same amount of light, which it can't).

I resolved not to participate in this thread anymore, but couldn't help myself.  I guess that makes it a pretty good troll.  I get that you prefer Kessil; many people do.  You like the interface and design; that's fine (and valid).  However, the two lights aren't comparable in output, and you are comparing a defective unit to a working unit.

They are definitely comparable.  Many people use AI Prime HD for the same nano tanks as Kessil A80.  Lighting on AI Prime HD is overkill.  Anyway, if you want to change the debate to Kessil A160 then same argument. 

You are attempting to say they aren't comparable because you know the Kessil is a far superior product and can't refute.  That is a cop out which tells me you have lost the debate.  Kessil is the winner.

Take note new buyers.

22 minutes ago, seabass said:

I gotta agree, Probably the best idea is not to participate in this thread.

12 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

My beautiful happy Kessil A80 tank! 😁

Hungry fishies

1111181145.jpg.976a06e38d0180d3cf56ff2bc60fffe9.jpg

Your tank has no corals, how do you know the A80 is better?

• Haha 2
letskeepcoolpeeps
Just now, Clown79 said:

I gotta agree, Probably the best idea is not to participate in this thread.

Your tank has no corals, how do you know the A80 is better?

You're the canadian that I was talking about that spams nano reef forum all day.    I agree, it is probably best you take a break from the internet for a day. 

You have posts going back years and years trying to push the AI brand so I can see why you are so angry.  Yea.. that pesky public data comes back to haunt you.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

You're the canadian that I was talking about that spams nano reef forum all day.    I agree, it is probably best you take a break from the internet for a day. 

You have posts going back years and years trying to push the AI brand so I can see why you are so angry.  Yea.. that pesky public data comes back to haunt you.

I spam? What does me being Canadian have to do with anything?

Really. Bringing  where a person lives into a conversation - great tactic.

You have called all of us trolls, insulted experienced hobbyists who have been here helping others for yrs, you bash reputable products, offer BAD advice and I should be the one taking a break?

Here some advice, at the rate you are going, no one will ever help you when you will need it and hopefully others will not heed your advice.

• Like 3
HookedOnAquariums
12 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

What the crap dude?. He was literally saying you have no experience or proof to base your claims off of. And why do you care how much he posts it just shows how dedicated to this hobby and this forum he is.

If you want to bring unrelated things into this three fish of the damsel family in a tank with as small as a footprint as an im10 at least one of them will get killed. dont come to this forum for advice when it happens. nobody will help you because of a debate over 2 lighting options that are both amazing but have some differences. 

If you would have kept this a civilized debate over the different specs on lighting my response would have been much different

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
29 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

If you think your combative behavior here will be tolerated, you are sorely mistaken.

21 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

You have called all of us trolls, insulted experienced hobbyists who have been here helping others for yrs, you bash reputable products, offer BAD advice and I should be the one taking a break?

I agree, @letskeepcoolpeeps is going to be taking a break.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

And why do you care how much he posts it just shows how dedicated to this hobby and this forum he is.

She is...  jeez.. lmoa..🤦‍♂️... kinda funny I always think people on forums are guys too. Surprisingly there are a lot of woman reefers on this site!!!

And I got to admit the troll did make me a chuckle a few times.....😆.. 

Looks like cm took care of the troll though.. 

banhammer-shirt_large.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just skimmed the first page so sorry if it's been said.  I am extremely tech-illiterate.  I routinely have old people help me upload pictures to the forum.  

That being said, ai does have presets.  I literally clicked "12k" and my lights automatically switched to 12 k.  Wasnt blue enough, so I asked for more and it gave me more.  

They also have preset and adjustable acclimation settings which will hold your color while slowly bringing your lights up to your full value.  

I had SOME issues setting the light up but again, I am not tech savvy.  

As far as I'm concerned, I am not sure what more you can want from a reef capable light???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been watching this thread for a while now, it gives me a good chuckle.  Originally I thought this was some kind of set up... waiting for the "GOTCHA" moment to be revealed and we'd all have a good a laugh.  I guess that isn't the case.  As a proud Kessil user please don't judges us all by the original poster 😉 .  I've been in the hobby about a year and any BASIC research shows both lights are excellent choices for many tanks.  So please take your "Ford vs Chevy" battle to another board.

• Like 4
On 11/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

Day 1 of AI Prime HD.  App is horrible. Settings and layout were very uninspiring.  I thought that with everyone (including my LFS) talking up AI that they were going to have an incredible interface.  The interface is trash.  I'm sorry but it's pathetic.  No interesting presets or color recommendations?  Way too difficult.   The whole thing was a nightmare and I build computers and have been using them since forever so I am very tech savvy.  After 3 hours of finally getting the app to work with it, the lights wouldn't turn on.   White indicator light shows. Tech support didn't know, so he forwarded me to someone else who would e-mail me hours later?  What a joke!  AI uses a 3rd party zendesk support and their reviews are sketchy.   Where if I call Innovative Marine, they know everything about their products and actually work for the company.  What a world of difference.   I actually will never use this company again.

I picked up the Kessil A80 same day and it is absolutely incredible.  Gorgeous shimmer.  Easy to use. Nice $100 controller option.  Hands down I absolutely love it.    Nothing much more to say other than it's perfect. 

Kessil A80 uses less energy, it is fanless, better build quality, has physical knobs etc.  Overall much better product.

Bud, just because a light that you don't technically have enough competence to figure out. Doesn't mean it's a bad product. I have 2 AI hydra HD on my 75g and they work great powerful and very user friendly. I also have a micmol on my IM10 that works for me and is a bit difficult to set, but that doesn't mean it's a bad product. 

Your advice is not advice. You bash on something that has no VALUE to other users. Your experience with this product is user error. Kessil is great and so is the AI. Kessil less functions to turn on than the AI. (That is user error) lol 

Both companies make great products.  I’ve been running 3 primes for about 4-5 years now and have never had a single issue.  I find the app extremely easy to use and I feel that basically anyone of any technological skill would find it easy to use.  I haven’t looked into kessil in a year or two because I just don’t need to, but if they still use an external remote to control them, that’s an immediate no for me.  

Both lights offer great cover and power, but as said earlier, the A80 is for smaller tanks than the prime would be used for, and the prime would be overkill on those small tanks, but people do use them for rather light demanding species.  

No need to bash AI to such an extent, I’ve been in touch with their customer service and had my issue resolved in the same day.  You just had an unfortunate experience with one product of theirs.  But anyways, AI over anything!!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Bud, just because a light that you don't technically have enough competence to figure out. Doesn't mean it's a bad product. I have 2 AI hydra HD on my 75g and they work great powerful and very user friendly. I also have a micmol on my IM10 that works for me and is a bit difficult to set, but that doesn't mean it's a bad product. 

Your advice is not advice. You bash on something that has no VALUE to other users. Your experience with this product is user error. Kessil is great and so is the AI. Kessil less functions to turn on than the AI. (That is user error) lol 

Said it perfect!  This thread seems like the OP was just frustrated and upset with the misuse of the AI app, leading to “poor products”.  

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I spam? What does me being Canadian have to do with anything?

Really. Bringing someones race into a conversation- great tactic.

Here some advice, at the rate you are going, no one will ever help you when you will need it and hopefully others will not heed your advice.

Erm, since when is Canadian a race? 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Haha 1

I dipped out awhile ago, thought it was a misunderstanding in another thread, realized the guy was just a jerk. Personally I like hearing different opinions and new ways of doing it but obviously it needs to be constructive. 

He posted in one thread that his clowns had been disease free for 6 days (was cycling with fish), then in another thread said they 'blew up with clownfish disease after 2 days' so I feel he would have said anything to try and make a point.

Ah well. It's over now. 

3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I dipped out awhile ago, thought it was a misunderstanding in another thread, realized the guy was just a jerk. Personally I like hearing different opinions and new ways of doing it but obviously it needs to be constructive. 

He posted in one thread that his clowns had been disease free for 6 days (was cycling with fish), then in another thread said they 'blew up with clownfish disease after 2 days' so I feel he would have said anything to try and make a point.

Ah well. It's over now. 

Lol yeah. He has a lot to learn. We all thought we knew it all cause we read everything we could. But 5 years later I'm still learning and I now can say I feel like my tank is the best its ever been... This guy seems new to hobby and doesn't like getting advice since he is the  "Know it All" type of person. Unfortunately he will learn the hard way. And I'm sure he has burned his bridges here. I'm willing to help but some people just can't be helped lol. 

23 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Erm, since when is Canadian a race? 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Lol. Ya know what I mean.

I'll correct my wording.

What does being Canadian have anything to do with anything?

It's not the first time the Op has made comments that are insulting.

• Like 4

I’m new.. I was actually looking for a valuable comparison between the two.  But I have to say I was entertained.. mortified that someone was being that hostile on a site where you all help so many.. but entertained none the less.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Well, at least you're not French.

:lol: I'm kidding!   'cause they are often given a hard time

Dont get me started on the French.... 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Haha I saw clown posted race but assumed she meant nationality. 🙂

Yup I did. Lol. Brain fart!

Just tired of seeing the individuals ignorant comments towards so many ppl here.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks locked this topic