pulsing xenia/ pulsing xenia

SBF

the xenia i had puchased from the LFS was pulsing when i bought it, since day 1 in my tank, it has stopped pulsing, whats wrong with it?

will it die if it doent pulse?

the faster pulsing xenia pulses the faster its growing. is it open?

if that weed is open and has light it will live. i can seem to kill the stuff, so i doubt yours is in trouble.

nalbar

it will be fine. xenias ship/transfer and acclimate horribly.

i have never heard that the faster they pulse the faster they grow......i think that is made up.

I have xenia in my pico tank. The majority of it is at the top, right under the light and it pulses like mad. Another part of it fell off when I put it in and landed at the bottom of the tank and does not nearly get as much light. It barely pulses at all, cuz its reaching for the light. I have also found that mine likes very light flow. How is your xenia placement in your tank?

20 gallon long, 65 watt PC corallife, i put it in the bottom at low flow.... now o placed it at the bottom /w medium flow...

i will try putting it at the top tmr... but i was told that for sure it was my alk.... i have no clue what alk is or what it does?

how do increase it?

ElementalWizard

im sure the stuff will be fine. i got a frag from my lfs and it melted on me and the little heads went all over my tank and now i got little xenia growing every were -kyle

Xenia pulse faster under low water flow. Try reducing your PH flow. Also check your PH. It should be 8.3 and stable. I could not keep them alive, until I started dosing. Now they are growing like weed and pulsing.

Xenias are great. Very dynamic coral.

CT nano reefer

xenia is basically bullet proof..If you cant keep this stuff alive in your tank, I would think that you have a serious water chemistry problem,, get ahold of some descent test kits....don't add any thing to your tank, that you don't have a test kit for...

Archived