Havre

Low Tech Desk Nano 15g

Did a 25% water change today and took some readings afterwards:

Ammonia: 0,0

Nitrite: 1,0

Nitrate: 35-40~

Slowly getting there. 🙂 Going to start using RODI water to get that alkalinity down.

• Like 1

Can happily report now that both fish in quarantine now eats with ferocity, crushed flakes. Really awesome food in a reef tank I've come to realize, the water flow makes sure it flies around instead of settling on the bottom or somewhere else, meaning most if it gets a chance to be eaten.

1 hour ago, Havre said:

Can happily report now that both fish in quarantine now eats with ferocity, crushed flakes. Really awesome food in a reef tank I've come to realize, the water flow makes sure it flies around instead of settling on the bottom or somewhere else, meaning most if it gets a chance to be eaten.

Hey, very nice looking setup! I'll be watching to see what you do with this, especially in terms of coral. I've got a 10g system that's been up for about 2 months, but I won't be adding coral for a while yet. 

I have Omega One Marine flakes w/ Garlic, and my firefish likes it a lot. The water circulation keeps it in the water for a long time, lets him pick at it for a while. 

Also, what kind of kingfisher is that in your profile photo? It's beautiful!

15 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

Hey, very nice looking setup! I'll be watching to see what you do with this, especially in terms of coral. I've got a 10g system that's been up for about 2 months, but I won't be adding coral for a while yet. 

I have Omega One Marine flakes w/ Garlic, and my firefish likes it a lot. The water circulation keeps it in the water for a long time, lets him pick at it for a while. 

Also, what kind of kingfisher is that in your profile photo? It's beautiful!

Going to wait another 3-4 weeks probably, wait for cycle to finish then add the fish, then let them settle a bit before adding the first coral, which is probably going to be a toadstool or some kind of leather coral.

As for the kingfisher I don't know what actual kind it is. 🙂 But it is my favorite bird and they are quite common close to where I live. I recently even bought an oil painting of one. 🙂

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsS4YJtOSHtx1VszY7GyBlRB-Z0u

Welcome to NR. That is a nice setup you are starting with. So great to see someone taking their time. I hope you have many hours of enjoyable viewing. 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions