Pod Your Reef

Help with lighting

Noobreefer90

HookedOnAquariums

Personally i do not think that would fit in a biocube hood no matter what you did. so just trying to get it in there will cost more and look much worse than the light itself. if you are truly set on par 38s i would recommend removing your hood and using a 24w abi tuna blue. but removing the hood will cause a lot more problems in the future unless you shell out for an acrylic lid that is built for biocubes.

What are your stocking plans for this tank? you could probably make your own for under 60 or 70 if you were doing softies only, sps and mixed would be a little over a hundred if you were to make your own.

I know several companies sell biocube ¨upgrade" lights that would work great in your situation. 

Cheapest way, Build your own led lights. Most proven way, buy a biocube light kit. Least recommended way, par 38s

I believe @Cpl_Wiggles upgraded lights on his Biocube 16, and might have a lid with stock LEDs he’s willing to sell. I think the Biocube 16 lid fits the Coralife Biocube 14, but not the Oceanic Biocube 14 though... thinking maybe you mentioned yours is Oceanic?