Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sharbuckles 78g - April Video

Sharbuckle

Picked up some mag plus from AF today to raise my mag slowly. Did a quick test and found my mag to be appropriate so I guess maybe I didn’t test properly last time. Also calcium has lowered and is sitting at 420.

added a small montipora cap and birdsnest tonight...... breaks my strict no sps rule but oh well, monti cap is looking nice glued to the back wall, going to add a purple and green as well. I suppose it’s a full on mixed reef now

• Like 1

Well the weekend is here and it’s time for a water change. Long long overdue. I’m too lazy for this hobby I think. 

Also found a bunch of dicsosoma congregating in a corner today, they made it there on all their own, I like it! 

FF9AAB1E-A4E7-42D5-B9A9-C4BAF3918C16.jpeg

• Like 2

Three months old today officially since I filled it up. Seems like way longer, also it’s already full! Need to get some encrusting corals to really fill it out now. 

• Like 2

Some “lightly edited” shots of Yuma’s. I’ve heard stories that they just melt away and are hard to keep, doing quite well in my tank so far. A few have even popped babies. 

0959FE2F-59ED-4FD2-81B6-A403C7DD0DA0.jpeg

CAB53978-4D39-490D-87BE-78B203936A6E.jpeg

Moved some Yuma’s off my frag rack yesterday and to the side of the tank. They seem to like their new spot. 

Started dosing fuel to a 1/3 of their recommendation.

Gave the tank a nice scrub today and took a pic for your enjoyment.

DC12E41C-51A1-45A4-B8F0-A1F23469725A.jpeg

E4FC7F46-8E2D-45CD-99BD-8C1B53F9C095.jpeg

• Like 2

My Alveopora hasn’t being doing great lately, ever since I moved the goniopora beside it, could they be fighting? Going to move the goniopora to the other side of the tank today to try to give the Alveopora a change. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sharbuckle said:

My Alveopora hasn’t being doing great lately, ever since I moved the goniopora beside it, could they be fighting? Going to move the goniopora to the other side of the tank today to try to give the Alveopora a change. 

It may sense the danger. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Hood said:

Interesting your surface skimming is not keeping up with it. 

And it should be, I’ve got quite a bit of agitation and my overflow is almost 30” wide. I’m going to try to move my return loc line to a point where it skims better. 

Also, my new enemy has returned. Majanos, probably a half dozen or so. Seem to have sprung up overnight. Guess I gotta get a filefish again. What a pain in the ass. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Sharbuckle said:

Also, my new enemy has returned. Majanos, probably a half dozen or so. Seem to have sprung up overnight. Guess I gotta get a filefish again. What a pain in the ass. 

Are those as bad as aptasia? Do they pack a stink to other corals?

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Are those as bad as aptasia? Do they pack a stink to other corals?

They do sting yes. Also they spread very rapidly. Problem was my last filefish ate them all (or so I thought) within two days and then nearly killed ALL my zoanthids. So im hesitant to go with a filefish again. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

They do sting yes. Also they spread very rapidly. Problem was my last filefish ate them all (or so I thought) within two days and then nearly killed ALL my zoanthids. So im hesitant to go with a filefish again. 

Interesting, thanks for the info on that. So far I've been lucky, only had one aptasia and i was able to pull the small rock it was on and kill. I hope you can get them under control. Since the filefish eat pest nems, will they also hunt rock flowers?

38 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Interesting, thanks for the info on that. So far I've been lucky, only had one aptasia and i was able to pull the small rock it was on and kill. I hope you can get them under control. Since the filefish eat pest nems, will they also hunt rock flowers?

They hunt mostly zoanthids and palys in my opinion, never seen any go after an RFA personally 

• Like 1