ReefCleaners.org

Sharbuckles 78g - April Video

Sharbuckle

No positive results yet to speak of since dosing fuel for a week. Although my yellow fiji leather seems to not be too happy. it could be that i forgot to turn my ATO back on and the pump was sucking air this morning..... oops. thats a good 6 gallons of evap. 

Fragged some Maui Wowi Rhodactis mushrooms today. Hoping to unload two of them to buy some equipment. 

Big news. Big Mamas 29g home is finally getting an upgrade. She will be getting a four foot 67 gallon tank all to herself! Very very exciting. She deserves it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Fragged some Maui Wowi Rhodactis mushrooms today. Hoping to unload two of them to buy some equipment. 

Big news. Big Mamas 29g home is finally getting an upgrade. She will be getting a four foot 67 gallon tank all to herself! Very very exciting. She deserves it. 

That’s awesome! 

Happy New Year everyone. 

The tank is coming up on 4 months of life and things are starting to settle in quite well. Zoanthid growth is exploding from and my newly acquired Yuma’s seem to be growing. Yuma’s can be quite tricky, here’s hoping they continue to thrive.

Decided to stick a bunch of monti caps to the back wall. Not sure if I will like the final result but we shall see.

Going to switch the return pump and skimmer soon, just need to find the $ and the time. 

Picking up big mamas tank and lights on Friday. As well as a new fish for the 78g, hoping to find a nice goby/pistol pair.

heres some pics!

F149F679-8D44-4D13-9132-255DCD4C2429.jpeg

7DCFC137-BC63-4B65-8810-EA530E4AEBBC.jpeg

1FC1A5D1-BEB3-4BF0-8918-477AAFFAD385.jpeg

E473C66C-B28C-46DD-A7EE-F42B8FDB7267.jpeg

1B2B00F2-22CD-42D7-AEB5-F166D71E9DBB.jpeg

2B11F2F6-63E7-4806-AB0C-AA8ABD458B23.jpeg

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

I love watching tank feeding videos these days, thanks for sharing @Sharbuckle! All your coral are really thriving in the new system, there's so much more room for your leather corals and gorgonians to spread out. I'm curious to see what those montipora on the back wall do in your system, I'm sure they're expand out soon, they're like the GSP of SPS 😄.

16 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I love watching tank feeding videos these days, thanks for sharing @Sharbuckle! All your coral are really thriving in the new system, there's so much more room for your leather corals and gorgonians to spread out. I'm curious to see what those montipora on the back wall do in your system, I'm sure they're expand out soon, they're like the GSP of SPS 😄.

Thanks! im interested to see what the montis will do to the overall look of the aquarium, if i dont like it i'll just pop them off the back wall. time will tell. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Montiporas I glued to back wall aren’t doing so great, too little flow I think.

yumas are thriving while rhodactis are not. Going to try to clean up the look of the tank bay gluing all frags to rocks and cleaning up empty hermit/snail shells. 

New filter socks are working very well, so much easier to clean, also discovered about 6 baby trochus in it the other day.

Skimmer has been offline about 3 weeks now, no adverse effects that I’ve noticed but i’d Like to get a new one eventually. 

5EF531B0-FA49-4414-823C-F8B77482F49E.jpeg

C2B5079A-FDCD-45C3-B855-F1FFFD40C203.jpeg

70C6DEBE-6EF2-480D-9D46-806E28151228.jpeg

• Like 3

Holy growth Batman! This Fiji spaghetti leather is huge!!!

1F333E0B-3C7A-4BAB-931F-D66E965D1A39.jpeg

Also,

the tank is 5 months old in a few days. Can’t wait for some mushrooms to start filling out the rocks. I’ve really really gotta spend some time gluing. 

• Like 3

My rhodactis aren’t doing great. Even some disco soma aren’t doing well. Now, I’m sure I know the reason why... I haven’t done a water change in a long time. How do you guys stay motivated to stay on top of weekly or biweekly water changes... I find it such a chore 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

My rhodactis aren’t doing great. Even some disco soma aren’t doing well. Now, I’m sure I know the reason why... I haven’t done a water change in a long time. How do you guys stay motivated to stay on top of weekly or biweekly water changes... I find it such a chore 

Just do it! 😄

12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Just do it! 😄

I knooooow. Gonna do it this weekend. May try to get a weekly routine happening. So lazzzzzy lol

• Haha 1

Winter really has me in a slump. You'd think i'd be more motivated to spend more time on the tank but no....

Anyway,

Going to mix up some new water tonight, fill the ATO back up and turn it on. give the tank a good scrape.