ReefCleaners.org

Sharbuckles 78g - April Video

Sharbuckle

Well It’s about time I do something about my worlds ugliest canopy. Decided to build a floating canopy that sits about an inch above the glass. Will probably enlist the help of my woodworking friend. 

46A3AD9B-A587-4082-84E3-923B32AD6562.jpeg

• Like 2

Majano back at it again, spotted just over a dozen of them. Added a filefish once again. Please don’t eat my speckled kraks.... actually. I should move those right now

• Like 2

Noticed my long nose hawkfish is missing. Found him in the overflow! So hard to get him out I’m not sure how I’m going to do this..... take off the canopy and use a few nets I guess. 

• Sad 1

Finally finally finally got myself a ReefLink! About time, that's my one beef with Radions. No wifi control-ability without a separate purchase. Oh well, I finally got one!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Finally finally finally got myself a ReefLink! About time, that's my one beef with Radions. No wifi control-ability without a separate purchase. Oh well, I finally got one!

Mine was a pain in the butt at first. 

All good now though

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine was a pain in the butt at first. 

All good now though

Omg I loooooove it! I can finally quickly change to my preferred kelvin for tank photography. Life my friends, is good. 

BBB70172-1478-4DB9-8051-74F6596B0964.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been thinking a lot lately about how unprepared I am for an extended power outage....

Now that i've got a reeflink, I can connect to ecotech pumps, so that means I should totally get either a vectra S1 or an MP10 with a battery backup right?

• Like 2

Finally got around to doing my “rescape” today. Didn’t move any of the rock around and left the left side alone. The right side and centre have had some coral movement though. Moved my green Nepthea to the right side, my gold gorgonian wasn’t doing so great and has been moved to big mamas tank. I moved my giant yellow Fiji leather to the very top middle and hoping it acts as the “showpiece”.

Also. I noticed that a scum was forming on my surface due to circular currents not allowing it do make it to the overflow. I adjusted my two tunze pumps and instead of going up and over they now go around the sides of the tank and the flow wraps around the front from both sides. 

I also cut three big chunks from my pink colt coral in the top right as it was getting out of control. 

Earlier in the week I increased my lightning intensity by 15% and have noticed my rhodactis mushrooms are very happy about it. 

Added filefish to take care of small majano problem and so far he’s only eating some gobstopper zoanthids... ugh

Still no sign of YWG so I’m pronouncing him dead.

My longnose hawkfish made its way to the sump and I’m having a hell of a time getting it out.

Nyos Quantum 160 is working incredibly well, pulling out all the crap!

okay that’s enough rambling.

happy reefing.

E195B07D-F83E-4452-8D56-F3731CFE18E7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
On 4/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, Sharbuckle said:

I've been thinking a lot lately about how unprepared I am for an extended power outage....

Now that i've got a reeflink, I can connect to ecotech pumps, so that means I should totally get either a vectra S1 or an MP10 with a battery backup right?

I would definitely get a battery backup of some sort. You never need it till you NEED it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I would definitely get a battery backup of some sort. You never need it till you NEED it. 

I’m going to make it happen. Hopefully by the end of April. 

Things are opening up and I am very happy. 

4CD136D2-2F62-4702-861F-EE375DE285F0.jpeg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I’m going to make it happen. Hopefully by the end of April. 

Things are opening up and I am very happy. 

4CD136D2-2F62-4702-861F-EE375DE285F0.jpeg

Looks very nice. 😊

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks very nice. 😊

Thank you. Also thank you for always participating in my thread 🙂 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thank you. Also thank you for always participating in my thread 🙂 

You’re my bud! 🤷🏻‍♀️

And I like your tanks. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to start making a list of things I need to upgrade or pay attention to. So i'm going to do that here.

To Do:

Install some sort of power outage fail-safe. 

Buy an RODI unit (yes im using tap water)

Build a floating canopy

Buy a media reactor

Add more flow

Remove macro algae and light from sump (with my oversized skimmer its not doing much other than clogging up the sump, may throw some chaeto and a cheap light on later)

16 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Everything looks great! 😊

Thanks girl! 

A spot of good old news today. The yellow watchman I added exactly a month ago today popped his head out of the rocks! I haven’t seen it since the day I added it so this is amazing news. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thanks girl! 

A spot of good old news today. The yellow watchman I added exactly a month ago today popped his head out of the rocks! I haven’t seen it since the day I added it so this is amazing news. 

Yay!!  😃 They are too good at hiding. 

I'm in love with those leathers :wub:

Tank is looking great! That tang is beautiful too, is it a recent addition? (Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, yoshii said:

I'm in love with those leathers :wub:

Tank is looking great! That tang is beautiful too, is it a recent addition? (Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread)

Thank you! The tang has been around for a few months now. Used to be half the size of the yellow and now it’s almost the same. Growing too darn fast.

• Like 1