SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckles 78g - April Video

Sharbuckle

8 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Made a video, spent some time editing the transitions this go around. Hope you like it. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 3

Great news. Found a great deal on an MP40 and Battery backup locally. A little less worry with power outages now. I think the plan will eventually to get a vectra s2 to hook up to the battery. That way the living things in my sump dont die off in an extended outage. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, Sharbuckle said:

Great news. Found a great deal on an MP40 and Battery backup locally. A little less worry with power outages now. I think the plan will eventually to get a vectra s2 to hook up to the battery. That way the living things in my sump dont die off in an extended outage. 

MP40 fell through. The batter backup was 5 years old so I passed on it. I've been looking into Coral Box powerheads, same as the Reefbreeders powerheads. I think two of them would be a perfect amount of flow in the tank. 

In other news..... I'm thinking more and more about adding some sticks to the tank... am i crazy?

• Like 1
Just now, Sharbuckle said:

MP40 fell through. The batter backup was 5 years old so I passed on it. I've been looking into Coral Box powerheads, same as the Reefbreeders powerheads. I think two of them would be a perfect amount of flow in the tank. 

In other news..... I'm thinking more and more about adding some sticks to the tank... am i crazy?

I say

yes!!!! 😃

to the sticks, not the crazy. 😄

21 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I say

yes!!!! 😃

to the sticks, not the crazy. 😄

Ugh... it’s happening isn’t it. 

• Haha 2

UPDATE:

Filefish has eaten all the majanos as well as a big chunk of my sunny d's. However, his job is done and he is now in the sump and off to a new home on Saturday.

Yellow tang passed away unexpectedly. It had a very bloated tummy one day and the next it was gone. I suspect some sort of internal parasite causing a blockage.

Noticed a leather coral that I had lost in my 40g is making a come back. It had melted away completely but seems to have held on. It melted away over a year ago so I was surprised to see it poking out. One positive to come from this week. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 4/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Made a video, spent some time editing the transitions this go around. Hope you like it. 

Fantastic video @Sharbuckle, it's great to see the tank thriving! I could get lost in there, that FTS clip at 1:11 is really something. The re-scape was a good move too, there's a nice balance now.

What kind of SPS are you considering adding?

2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Fantastic video @Sharbuckle, it's great to see the tank thriving! I could get lost in there, that FTS clip at 1:11 is really something. The re-scape was a good move too, there's a nice balance now.

What kind of SPS are you considering adding?

Thanks Chris.

I think I’m going to start with some encrusting monti. I’ve got a few of the caps on the back wall and they’re doing well. 

• 3 weeks later...
Sharbuckle

Update Time!!!!!!!!

flow flow flow! I need more flow. Cyano is starting to cover my sandbed and it’s 100% related to flow. Hopefully will be getting my new coral box rn1 powerheads within a few weeks. 

Also, I’ve added some sps! 

8 types of encrusting monti. So far just hanging out on the frag rack but doing well. 

I will be adding a sump to big mamas tank and when the time comes I will be moving a good amount of my softies down to that tank. 

At that point I’ll be adding some caribsea life rock to make up for the coral I’ve taken out and have room to add some sps and lps.

things are a changin.

0E14F289-7E9B-494D-BB07-D9E6CDBBB20D.jpeg

4716FB5F-5080-4BD3-B296-60360A14E67A.jpeg

1B28D3D4-1157-4B74-9A10-90C2F7515E92.jpeg

B6A31AEA-320E-46DB-8950-9D0D6592D9E2.jpeg

• Like 1
Justind823
18 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Ugh im getting the itch.... the upgrade itch. Lets see how long I can fight it for. 

Lol the tank is looking great! Nice monti pickups. Normally I say upgrade but this is looking so good!

• Thanks 1
Sharbuckle
8 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Lol the tank is looking great! Nice monti pickups. Normally I say upgrade but this is looking so good!

Thank you 🙂

Significant other gave the the go ahead on a larger tank. Now I dream.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Sharbuckle

Nothing substantial to report.

- monti frags all doing well

- flow issue not taken care of yet

- cyano persists

- Fish all happy

- corals all happy 

- im not happy

- well yes I am but upgrade bug persists.... how big is too big for nano reef? 

• Haha 1
Sharbuckle

It would seem the universe is against a tank upgrade. Emergency vet visit at midnight and dog may need a surgery. Everyone send some virtual hugs and belly rubs to my boy jasper please. 

• Sad 2
5 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

It would seem the universe is against a tank upgrade. Emergency vet visit at midnight and dog may need a surgery. Everyone send some virtual hugs and belly rubs to my boy jasper please. 

Oh no. 🙁

get well soon Jasper. 

Sharbuckle

Update. Jasper is feeling much better and recovered from the blockage in his intenstine.

Tank update, picking up a 150g tomorrow..... not so nano. Sold most of my coral as I’m looking to start fresh. Staring at this nearly empty tank I feel regret but I’m excited at the possibilities of a large aquarium. 

Sold most of the corals ive had for years including all my gorgonian. I hope I’ve made the right call. One of these days I have to smack myself in the head and say no to “upgrading”. Oh well, onwards and upwards they say’ 

• Like 2
Just now, Sharbuckle said:

Update. Jasper is feeling much better and recovered from the blockage in his intenstine.

Tank update, picking up a 150g tomorrow..... not so nano. Sold most of my coral as I’m looking to start fresh. Staring at this nearly empty tank I feel regret but I’m excited at the possibilities of a large aquarium. 

Sold most of the corals ive had for years including all my gorgonian. I hope I’ve made the right call. One of these days I have to smack myself in the head and say no to “upgrading”. Oh well, onwards and upwards they say’ 

Glad to hear Jasper is doing better. 😊

Good luck on the big tank. 😀

Sharbuckle
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Glad to hear Jasper is doing better. 😊

Good luck on the big tank. 😀

Thank you 🙂

im super nervous. I hope I like it. I’ll be super bummed out if I don’t lol

gonna be one hell of a tank transfer. I’ll have about 80g of water from the cube and I’ll have to mix about 100g in the tank itself and add sand later 

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Well. It’s been a bittersweet week. The 150g in my garage just isn’t what I want......

as of of right now. I am tankless. I sold all my coral and all my aquariums. I have my fish in Rubbermaid containers, waiting to go to a friends how to babysit them.

it will be some time before I have a tank up again. Perhaps 2 months. 

Catch you later nano reef. 

AC7984A4-D72D-439A-8162-A179E37193D0.jpeg

268AF649-E3B3-4AAE-869C-AFB73F07D252.jpeg

C276CE19-8626-4D3D-8654-DC775AF14764.jpeg

D7B01E9D-43E6-49EB-AD80-73332FE1B0BE.jpeg

7D87FA25-99EC-47AE-9B1C-4904566B8504.jpeg

• Sad 4