Innovative Marine Aquariums

ATO & AIO

mrbee2828

Hey everyone, I have 2 8g nanos I'm running at the house and I would like to add an ATO setup to them. I have a Smart ATO Micro for each. The backs are painted black so this will work perfectly with the magnet in the 3rd chamber. What I am looking for is a "U" shaped type fitting or something low profile to get over the thin glass and drop into that chamber. The Smart ATO has a 3/8" output and I am trying to drop that down to 1/4" black tubing. All the 1/4" airline fitting parts that I'm looking at aren't really going to work. I thought about bending ridged line somehow but I don't know if I can bend it sharply enough. Does this make sense? Ideal I'm thinking about the green Eheim U shaped plastic that comes with their canister filters. If I could find this scaled down it would be perfect. Thanks in advance for the ideas.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have bent the 3/16" rigid tubing, I just used a candle to heat where I wanted the bend then took it slow watching to make sure the tubing wasn't kinking.