Pod Your Reef

RO/DI units that attach to kitchen sink

AlmightyJoshaeus

AlmightyJoshaeus

Hello all! I am looking into an RODI unit for our saltwater tanks, but I am intimidated by the sheer number of connectors and units available. Can someone direct me to an RODI unit that connects directly to a kitchen faucet and is reliable? Thank you

29 minutes ago, AlmightyJoshaeus said:

Hello all! I am looking into an RODI unit for our saltwater tanks, but I am intimidated by the sheer number of connectors and units available. Can someone direct me to an RODI unit that connects directly to a kitchen faucet and is reliable? Thank you

Use the search function..... there are tons of threads on this issue you can read through.  Members in your other threads have also given you suggestions. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Use the search function..... there are tons of threads on this issue you can read through.  Members in your other threads have also given you suggestions. 

@AlmightyJoshaeus yeah there are a ton of resources on here about RODI units, I beg you could find what you are looking for there! Or post in your build thread perhaps? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AlmightyJoshaeus said:

Facepalm...yeah, should have used my NPS garden thread. Sorry...

No worries! Personally I dislike the idea of having to screw something into the faucet every time I want to use my RODI. Sounds like it will be leaky. 

I put put in a “T” on the cold water line that leads to the faucet. Super easy solution for me, as I keep my RODI under that sink anyway. If you don’t store your RODI there, you can have a valve to shut it off after the T :) 

NEM2mYq.jpg

Not trying to be rude but it has been mentioned in other threads.

BRS or Spectrapure are reputable units. 

All units require an adapter for faucet use.

• Like 1