Innovative Marine Aquariums

Looking for someone with a biocube 32 and InTank media rack and floss

FrancineJ

If anyone is currently using a coralife biocube 32 with the InTank media rack and the InTank floss could you please help me out.... I am having some odd issues that they have never encountered and I wanted to see if anything similar is happening to you guys...

Must be the 32 biocube, InTank media rack and InTank (white and blue) floss.... this has me and them stumped... lol

Steve and I are trying to figure out what is going on.... he gave me some tests to try tomorrow so hopefully it will be solved but they are:

1- if I put in a new piece of floss everything drains through it but I don’t see anything coming through on the back side (like into the rest of the media chamber- I don’t see the water draining into the rest of the media rack- it obviously is but I don’t see anything (like the water draining out of the large holes and the bubbles (not micro bubbles) but like bubbles of flow going 3/4 or better of the way down the basket.... 

2- then if I leave the floss in there for a couple hours (like maybe 6-8 or a day) the water in the back comes through the big holes and I can see the bubbles going down the chamber but the water ends up pooling on top of the floss... it doesn’t over flow but fills at least half the basket

its kind of hard to describe in words lol Here is a picture of what it looks like in the number 2 scenario 

in the number 1 scenario you don’t see any kind of movement at all in the rest of the media rack.... like as if the water is not going down the basket....

And now it’s done cycling and ready for cuc just wanted to be sure this part is working right before I add any animals....

i was just curious to see to see if anyone else with a biocube 32 uses the 2 InTank products together and see what they can see in chamber 2

Either way its somewhat still working as it cycled but it should preform the same way and I shouldn’t be needing to change the floss after 6 hours to a day in a cycled cycled tank... so it’s just an odd thing happening so I have some projects for tomorrow lol Like I said Steve has some ideas so gonna do some tests and see what happens...

i know it’s hard to see but the waterline in that picture is at the bottom of the floss/top shelf

its a very hard thing to explain over a thread but if someone had a biocube 32 and the same materials (basket and floss) they would get what I am talking about and I’d like to know if it’s happeneing to them or how theirs preforms when first replaced 

55B3F114-B46B-4B4D-88AE-11A6070692AB.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

And to the above everything is brand new ***

All seems to be fine now... it’s the floss... soon as I used my stuff from big als’s or peeled away the blue part (at the advice of InTank) it’s been “ok” it’s not overflowing on top of the floss anymore... I think my biggest problem is I’m so lightly stocked right now and the floss doesn’t collect much because I have literally 0 algae (yet) lol like nothing... nothing on the rocks, sand or tank walls... I haven’t even cleaned the inside of the tank walls with my flipper to try and give my snails some kind of food but I already lost a snail.... also once I added the media it seemed to help stabilize stuff a bit.... but my basket still sits on a weird angle... I just wondered if anyone else’s did... it’s not a huge angle but still noticeable...

• 2 years later...