Innovative Marine Aquariums

TUNZE NANO ATO question!

slooye

Hi I have a quick question and maybe someone out there has a way to diagnose it? 

My tuze nano ato’s sensor is being triggered but no water is coming out. It worked fine for a few weeks but has now stopped. I can hear the pump churning but no water is being pumped into the display tank. After about a minute and a half the pump turns off and begins making a pulsing noise in order to tell me it’s been pumping too long. Lots of the time when I unplug the system and plug it back in it begins running again. What could be the problem for this?

Thanks in advance!!

I know it happend to another nano member. What worked for him was ensuring the black tube was not squeezed or tangled anywhere. With this he unplugged it from the ATO and blew water through to ensure nothing was stuck. Then it went back to normal.

• Thanks 1

Could also be magnetic interference.  Try putting a spacer between the magnet that holds the float and the glass.  Cut a beer coozie is a general suggestion.

There is a small magnet in the float, if the glass is too thin it can interfere with the super strong magnet that goes on the rear glass.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, slooye said:

Hi I have a quick question and maybe someone out there has a way to diagnose it? 

My tuze nano ato’s sensor is being triggered but no water is coming out.

K I re-read this.  If there is no water and it is supposed to pump then it needs to be primed.  Turn the pump upside down under the water to release any air.  Try not to run it dry or you may have to do this again if a bubble gets stuck in the pump and "locks" the impeller.

• Like 1