Top Shelf Aquatics

Enigma's Junkpile Pico

_Enigma_

So..... 

After many years and many attempts to start anew tank, I've finally decided "Enough waiting just make do with what you have". I walked into my shed and piecemealed a tank. 

So far I have.

5 gallon tank (from Petco)

Oceanic biocube protein skimmer

Aquaclear 20 (Refugium)

Nanocustoms/Nanobox Retro (I had planned a Fluval Edge Build last year but that fell through)

Custom Light Stand 

I'd like to add.

XP Aqua sumpless ATO

Neo-Therm 25w heater

Caribsea Life Rock and Fiji Pink sand

I'll go from there I guess??

Stocking Plans Mixed Reef  with a Yellow Clown Goby

I'll be posting more details later but I have one question:

What do you think of my refugium light?  is it too much?

I used the lights that came attached to the lid of the tank...

IMG-1705.thumb.JPG.ca72a32fe7354f58292000e0ed2b9715.JPGIMG-1708.thumb.JPG.86824626ef51b1e19f79ad0fafc1a86f.JPGIMG-1709.thumb.JPG.e07f19cc5c8a95cbf6049976cf985f4b.JPGIMG-1710.thumb.JPG.2e13606554e53e08af9e108e53e41289.JPG

• Like 2

We are literally going to be running basically a identical set up lol. What are you stocking plans ? Those leds should be fine to grow cheato in the filter. 

• Like 1

@Reefkid88 well this might be overly detailed, but....

I'm trying to control exactly what's going in my tank. The plan is to use Caribsea Life Rock and Fiji Pink live sand, then cycle using Red Sea's Mature starter kit. From there I'll start stocking my CUC with:

Indo Pacific Sea Farms

5 Mini stars

5 Bristle worms

5 Strombus Maculatus Snails

Reef Cleaners

5 Dwarf Cerith Snails

5 Dwarf Planaxis Snails

1 Emerald Mithrax Crab (if necessary)

Algaebarn

5 Nassarius Snails

3 Trochus Snails

1 Jar of 5280 Pods (Tigriopus, Tisbe, and Apocyclops) 

1 Jar of Clean Chaeto

I know this seams like overkill, but I plan on feeding Rod's Food Herbivore Blend to supplement the algae eaters once the algae is done. After that I want to add only captive bred fish, but I'm not sure what I want. I can't put a lid on the tank with the skimmer in there, so I don't want any jumpers. I don't want to overstock the tank so I'm leaning towards a goby or something. Suggestions are welcome.

As far as coral goes I plan on starting with Zoas from a predetermined list:

Zoanthids & Palythoas

Blondies

Blue Hornets

Cat Eyes

Fruit Loops

Rastas

Sunny Ds

Twizzlers

Utter Chaos

LPS

Yellow Splatter Highlighter Branching Hammer

Jawbreaker Mushroom

Ricordea Mushrooms

Black Torch (Legendary Corals- I love it)

Bizzaro Cyphastrea

Rainbow Acan

This is as far as I've thought it through, but once I feel everything is stable enough I will dip my toes in some SPS (for the first time ever).

• Like 2

Very detailed indeed but at the same time its good to have a list of exactly what you want. 

So are you running nanobox arrays in your nanocustoms light ? I'm running 2 11up's and,6 violets,1 lime and 1 mint. 

20181020_174714.jpg

• Like 1

I actually just sent it in to Dave and had him retrofit a mini tide m with a bluefish controller onto the nanotuners heat sink. I’m terrible with electronics. Yours looks pretty damn good. Looking back I should have gotten a duo retro.

7D712F20-4D56-4788-AFCE-0EBB5C841920.jpeg

• Wow 1
  • 1 month later...

Battle of the 5G's lol. Ours will be almost identical,besides my light being double yours but also on a nanotuners heatsink and I turned mine into a AIO. I'm running a AC30,Biocube Skimmer,NBR retro,Jebao DC650 return pump. I will be adding a Intank little hang on tray to go where the water comes running floss of the AC filter to stop bubbles and catch particles that make it thru the filter

Did you really get that tank from Petco ?! Is the silicone black and it looks cubish ?!?!?!