inTank Media Baskets

No electric to fish tank!

davea

Hi all

i have an m90 fluval tank (30gal) with fish and coral. As part of some work being done on my house I will be losing electricity for about 6-8 hrs a day for about 3-4 days. What's the minimum I can do to keep the tank a healthy level? basically I don't want my tank to die!!

6 minutes ago, davea said:

Hi all

i have an m90 fluval tank (30gal) with fish and coral. As part of some work being done on my house I will be losing electricity for about 6-8 hrs a day for about 3-4 days. What's the minimum I can do to keep the tank a healthy level? basically I don't want my tank to die!!

You will need some sort of aeration for the water.  I have a battery powered air stone that I use in emergency’s. Is it hot where you live? You may need to cool down the water if so.  

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

You will need some sort of aeration for the water.  I have a battery powered air stone that I use in emergency’s. Is it hot where you live? You may need to cool down the water if so.  

Fortunately I live in the UK so if anything it'll drop cold rather than hot. Any recommendations on battery powered airstones for aeration?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, davea said:

Fortunately I live in the UK so if anything it'll drop cold rather than hot. Any recommendations on battery powered airstones for aeration?

I don't think there is much difference between the brands.  I would get two, since they are not the highest quality and that way if one fails you still have a backup. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, davea said:

Mine was a cheap one I got on Amazon...... Anything to just keep it moving.  

• Like 1