Wave maker 

Coral rubble substrate x7 kg

Live rock x13 kg

Current live stock 

Tomato clown x1 

Azure damsel x1 

Skunk cleaner shrimp x1

Corals 

Elegance coral  ( will remove or rehome once too big) 

Birds nest sp x3 

Red monitora diginata 

Small neon toadstool frag 

Unknown finger coral frag

One Yuma and one rhodactis mushroom 

Several macros 

Too many zoanthids 

Addictional Plans : currently none . Perhaps another shrimp down the road. Coral wise have enough just want to see them grow out . Fish are fine as is . Don't want to over stock .

Old post below . 

Hello. So I have recently got back into reefing again . Been absent for around two years when I sold my jar . I moved countries and went from USA to China . Finally have stable housing and everyone knows stable location means new tank I. Went to check out a LFS it's pretty different . The equipment is local brands . But I do like how nice the tanks looked. As I'll be moving in 6m to a new apartment but same city I needed a movable tank . I went with a 25 gallon or 60 cm by 40 by 40 landen aquarium . It's about same quality as ada tanks but more suitable for reefs . The light is a gako a075 definitely enough to grow anything . Other equipment is a power head and heater and pump. Standard stuff. Going the no skimmer route 

The plan is to do macro algae mixed with ricordia Yuma ( my favorite )and some zoa's they are also easy to find here. While Rics are rare . Once tank is more stable I want to introduce my favorite sps . Birds nest and monipora digitnata . I'm still deciding if I want to do any lps. The LPs I consider would be blastomussas or dendros ( if I want to feed. 

Fish wise currently undecided open to suggestions don't plan on many( 2 or 3 )

I'll update once I get the first corals . Here are some of the setting up pictures .and LFS photos to keep you entertained 

IMG_20181015_154754.jpg

IMG_20181015_160303.jpg

IMG_20181015_160251.jpg

IMG_20181017_102013.jpg

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Shifumi said:

It has been a while VPN was down a bit . Couldn't post reply . Also realised forgot to include tank pictures when I made this. Wait no longer here it is.imageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031bimageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031bimageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031b

IMG_20181105_101156.jpg

IMG_20181105_101217.jpg

IMG_20181105_101227.jpg

The Elegance Coral looks nice. 🙂

• Like 1
On Mon Nov 05 2018 at 10:48 AM, WV Reefer said:

The Elegance Coral looks nice. 🙂

Thank you . Your tanks where definitely an inspiration to me . I also like no sump no skimmer tanks. I didn't plan for any lps. But at the shop they  just got in 6 new Elegance corals. Couldn't resist . So far I he tank is doing well. Probably need more clean up crew . A few snails isn't making a dent in the algae .Though don't mind so long as corals are healthy 

• Like 1

Saturday update . I had some surgery last night. Today I did a rescape let me know if it's better then before . Also some uplose photos of a few beautiful corals

Simple is beautiful. Also those zoa's are so pretty. Was random brown in store . Potato clown decided algae is a good host . Corals pissed from the water change and rescape

IMG_20181110_135710.jpg

IMG_20181110_135721.jpg

IMG_20181110_135751.jpg

IMG_20181110_135702.jpg

IMG_20181110_135805.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good! I love your macros and your azure damsel. I know you mentioned that you’re not too worried about the algae as long as the corals are healthy, but I’m wondering if it might be good to try to keep it under control so it doesn’t start to take over... I think that once it really takes hold it can affect your corals.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, banasophia said:

Looking good! I love your macros and your azure damsel. I know you mentioned that you’re not too worried about the algae as long as the corals are healthy, but I’m wondering if it might be good to try to keep it under control so it doesn’t start to take over... I think that once it really takes hold it can affect your corals

totaly agree there is definitely such a thing as too much algae

• 3 weeks later...

Small update . Loaned a pair of long spined sea urchins that have rapidly created paths through the algae. Over all algae is going down . Noticed tiny almost whelc like snails on the glass no idea what they area . Hope they grow so I can get a good photo . Picked up a small acan and a large Duncan coral at the LFS today . Really busy next few days but  should have pictures in a week 

• Like 1

Update .

0 this is actually 28 gallons I didn't calculate correctly ( 60x45x40 cm)

1 I'm back from Thailand 

2 my tank still exists 

3 there has been small growth 

4 algae covered the walls thicker then cement 

5 new acan coming later today pic 1

6 here is a top shot  pic 2

7 decided to replace crushed coral with sand this week . 8 change rock scape 

9 move the tank to by the bed. As I rest after surgery . 

2094526905.jpg

IMG_20181204_142609.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

@ninjamyst I was in Bangkok . Went to  Chatuchak Weekend Market and JJ fish and pets market 

Update. Seems I only update while I worry about being away from my tank . Currently in Shanghai . 

I did some big changes . No new additions but rescaped. Went bare bottom love how much easier it is to clean . To me it's worth no sand .  All my zoa have a new head or two. Fastest growing so far is nightmare zoa and purple death palys. Can't wait for more growth . Duncan has new heads coming in . Acans have settled. Things have been glued down . Including my hand . Wish I had better photos but here is fts and a top shot . Elegance coral has lots of new white skeleton it's great to see all thriving.  Let me know what you guys think. I keep studying a lot. It's my first large reef . Largest before was 6 gallon fluval edge in 2014. Photo colors are accurate if ignoring the blue 

IMG_20181227_152206.jpg

IMG_20181227_152227.jpg

• Like 3

Ah forgot to mention . Have moved the tank ( and took that chance to bare bottom it ) once I got it's proper stand. I'm not exactly handy with wood. So picked up  a gorgeous ada white stand . 

IMG_20181218_155257.jpg

IMG_20181212_161647.jpg

• Like 2