Top Shelf Aquatics

VIPARSPECTRA 20Gallon long

REEFreefLJS85

I don't think it'd be too much power. I think you can dial it down. I think your problem is going to be that one just isn't a big enough spread for 30". Two may do the trick. I use a 24" Reef Breeders on my 36" long tank and I had to scape with that in mind because it leaves shadowing on the ends of the tank. I'm also adding 2 24" T5's for supplemental lighting. 

4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

With most long tanks you often need multiple lights for even spread or one of the long fixtures like aquamaxx, orbit, or t5's

Yeah, I faced that problem with the 45g. It being right around 3ft. Lighting was looking like it was going to get really expensive. Then I started playing around with my rockwork and it dawned on me that I could get a 24" light and create a aquascape to where it didn't matter that I had shadowing spots on the edges of the tank. I came up with a scape that was fully lit and it all worked out very well.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

Yeah, I faced that problem with the 45g. It being right around 3ft. Lighting was looking like it was going to get really expensive. Then I started playing around with my rockwork and it dawned on me that I could get a 24" light and create a aquascape to where it didn't matter that I had shadowing spots on the edges of the tank. I came up with a scape that was fully lit and it all worked out very well.

Creative aquascaping definitely helps.

I have 1 prime on my 25g. I keep all high light corals within 18x18 which give me plenty of places for my moderate corals outside of it.