Coral Vue Hydros

What's the smallest All-In-One tank?

zamboni200000

I think the smallest currently available is the Fluval Spec 2 gallon (I think the Penn Plax one is made of plastic rather than acrylic, which might make it challenging for a reef).

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I think the smallest currently available is the Fluval Spec 2 gallon (I think the Penn Plax one is made of plastic rather than acrylic, which might make it challenging for a reef).

oh man.. I didn't know they made plastic AIO's... i figured those were reserved for critter keepers and tiny betta tanks... what a terrible idea lol

Im not sure about shipping (upon checking, it appears shipping is free), but at 80$, the waterbox 4g seems like a hell of a deal with starphire glass and an included pump. Super tempting actually lol...

Also, consider the spec III. Im not sure if they make it with the new lighting, but if they do, it should be good for a softie tank out of the box.

What is the space you are working with here? If you can get some measurements we should be able to find a system that slots right in; there are qute a few options in the AIO arena.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Well there's always this 😉

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Aquarium-Nano-Desktop-Aquarium-All-in-One-Filtering-Oxygen-LED-Lighting/273354730486?pageci=8051c6ee-a440-45de-a2ed-75862cb1da3e

It's very cool,  if I had the time I'd try to make something of it

That's the one I was trying to find to post.  I saw a video on it a few weeks back. 

1 minute ago, MrJoel said:

That's the one I was trying to find to post.  I saw a video on it a few weeks back. 

Thekingofdiy (AKA joey) made a video on it a few weeks back, but im not sure its viable as a reef system. Youd be dealing with massive swings in salinity, even within the envelope of an ATO.

3 minutes ago, pmang6 said:

Thekingofdiy (AKA joey) made a video on it a few weeks back, but im not sure its viable as a reef system. Youd be dealing with massive swings in salinity, even within the envelope of an ATO.

Oh yeah, It is a horrible option unless you are babysitting it 24/7.  I was going to post is purely for the size, not for practicality.

1 hour ago, pmang6 said:

Never say never! Anything is possible😁

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, Tamberav said:

oh man.. I didn't know they made plastic AIO's... i figured those were reserved for critter keepers and tiny betta tanks... what a terrible idea lol

Yep lol.  I may be wrong but I am pretty sure it is plastic, was looking at it not long ago.

3 hours ago, pmang6 said:

Im not sure about shipping (upon checking, it appears shipping is free), but at 80$, the waterbox 4g seems like a hell of a deal with starphire glass and an included pump. Super tempting actually lol...

Also, consider the spec III. Im not sure if they make it with the new lighting, but if they do, it should be good for a softie tank out of the box.

What is the space you are working with here? If you can get some measurements we should be able to find a system that slots right in; there are qute a few options in the AIO arena.

Have they solved the issue of the 4g waterbox chamber being too tight for most pumps out there/figured out a pump that fits and isn't ridiculously weak?  I remember reading about it right when they were released and it put me off trying one lol.  If they've solved the pump problem, that might be a very good option.  The Cadlights 4g is a very nice option as well, I'm pretty sure @teenyreef's 4g pico was the Cadlights 4g. 

They're very hard to find now, but several years ago the Dymax IQ3 was all the rage.  The lighting was trash but they were adorable little tanks that were all over the pico forum for a while.

If you can't find a suitable AIO, I would suggest a small pico tank, maybe a cube, such as ADA or UNS, with an AC30 or bigger and the Archaea heater offered by Aqua Forest Aquariums.  Pair with a PAR 30 bulb or the Lumini Asta Marine and you could have a very nice pico set up.  Or you can do an old-school glass bowl, jar or vase with an airline and have it contained.  Check out Natalia's reef bowl for a great example.

• Like 1

I think a small tank from aqualabaquaria.com they have a 12"x7x7 tank,a small sheet of black acrylic,silicone,small power head,asta led small bag of chemipure and you are good to go. 

Google "smallest sps rank" and the first thread that pops up has a guy with pics of his tank from the early 2000s. It's like 2" wide. 

With the same search theres also some crazy small tanks under image search. 

I went with the 4g Waterbox and it is a well built tank with low iron glass. I believe Salwateraquarium.com has them for $79 plus free shipping. Either way you have some great options, I would just find the one that best fits the equipment you plan to use.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wingy said:

It is the size of a can of Coke.  I like it.  

Seriously...... you had to bring my attention to this. I got lucky and scrolled past it the first time, but now it's in my cart. I definitely need to attempt to put a single sexy shrimp in it. LMAO

10 minutes ago, tgore said:

Seriously...... you had to bring my attention to this. I got lucky and scrolled past it the first time, but now it's in my cart. I definitely need to attempt to put a single sexy shrimp in it. LMAO

I think its small for a sexy but might be alright for 3 or 4 of those brackish water Hawaiian shrimp.  Hopefully someone who has those Hawaiian shrimp will chime in.

9 hours ago, Wingy said:

I think its small for a sexy but might be alright for 3 or 4 of those brackish water Hawaiian shrimp.  Hopefully someone who has those Hawaiian shrimp will chime in.

I have some in a bowl with some live rock rubble glued into a structure and a plastic plant for more surface area. They're tiny and cute. That little tank looked like it comes from Malaysia so I'd be concerned about the electrical components being compatible with the U.S. (not sure what their system is there).