Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

So you win a huge aquarium and now what?

NanoRox

24 minutes ago, Graver said:

Does the winner have to pay for the shipping?

I hope not lol between the taxes and shipping where do you break even if you want to sell some stuff? lol

On 10/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, HarryPotter said:

Too bad that would get you only like four or five of their corals 😂

Nah pick up some Nice Jaws and scolys and maybe 1 bounce. But if it were me it would be a billions Acans they like my fav

• Like 1
On 10/14/2018 at 8:49 PM, Firefish15 said:

With as much as that set up weighs, it would probably have to be placed on a ground floor. In water weight alone, 160G would weigh 1,376 pounds! 

I would probably have to sell it, and then use the money on a smaller setup. One that could actually fit in an apartment.

Why in the hell would you set up such a small tank with $20k? I'm thinking in the 700-900 gallon range for the tank.

On 10/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, banasophia said:

I was in a raffle to win a Biocube 32 from my LFS recently and I pondered the same thing... the hubby said no way, haha. Didn’t win, but if I had it would have been an interesting dilemma. 

See, you control the sexy bits so you can say, no tank, no sexy time. 😉 😄

On 10/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, A Little Blue said:

It’s enough to get huge colony of WWC Rainbow super rare GSP. 

How many pounds of that shit do you want? I ordered it once out of Manado and if you thing regular GSP grows fast, this stuff grows 3x as fast. Oh yea, it sucks up mag like it's going to be declared illegal any minute.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, specore said:

Your community CPA would like to point out you will have to pay income taxes on that $20k.  So your new tank may still cost $2,500-$10k in real money 

Then the fun police steps in, time to move to Tennessee so, no income taxes. 😉

I'd do a huge tank, already have 10 boxes of rock so I'm good there. Salt would be about $200ish, gravel would be $$$$BIGNUM$$$$. A week to make the RO water. Probably need to get another bucket of Emaico to stick it all together. Then buy up stuff from WWC to resell or frag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

See, you control the sexy bits so you can say, no tank, no sexy time. 😉 😄

Bwahahahaha great idea!!! I need to try that! I really DO need another tank, the two I have are almost filled up!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

I rent and I would have to put it in the basement. Only place I could fit it... plus I'd be worried it would fall through the floor lol I filled up a 75g half way and the floor was squeaking so bad when I walked by... I said NOPE and got rid of the 75g. Basement is cement tho so I guess I would have to clean up down there and make it a nice sitting/exercise/yoga area or something with a nice big tank. Throw down a pretty rug.. try my best to zen it out lol

I'm pretty sure you could also just sell it if you wanted though I think its cooler if a person set it up. I would probably ditch some of the stuff like Zeo crap. Already have a RODI and so on. 

I am really glad you can only enter once per person. I hate that crap where you facebook and do this and do that each day for multiple tries.

THAT REEF CHILI THO! 😍

• Like 1
On 10/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Why in the hell would you set up such a small tank with $20k? I'm thinking in the 700-900 gallon range for the tank.

Thats what size the prize tank is. Oh, and  everyone don’t forget to be ready to answer your phone on Nov. 2nd to win!

Lmao. This thread is pretty funny. I also wouldnt know what to do with a big setup. Lol my wife would probably have a heart attack. I entered her in tje contest so hopefully she wins so she can make the choice lol 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, xthunt said:

Thats what size the prize tank is. Oh, and  everyone don’t forget to be ready to answer your phone on Nov. 2nd to win!

No that is absolutely not what size the prize tank is. It's a Red Sea XXL 750 thats a 160 gallon tank. Not a 750 gallon tank lol. With that said. If I get that phone call my neighbors better get ready because I'm going f'ng nuts. May or may not streak down the street like frank the tank.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

No that is absolutely not what size the prize tank is. It's a Red Sea XXL 750 thats a 160 gallon tank. Not a 750 gallon tank lol. With that said. If I get that phone call my neighbors better get ready because I'm going f'ng nuts. May or may not streak down the street like frank the tank.

I didn’t say it was a 750g tank, I said it was 160. The entire conversation gives better context of what I said (or thought was implied).