inTank Media Baskets

So you win a huge aquarium and now what?

NanoRox

Anyone else see the $20,000 dream tank BRS is giving away?  I entered to win but got to thinking...what would I do if I actually DID win?  

I was was joking with my wife today that she needed to start thinking where we would put it downstairs and she straight up said...it aint going anywhere down stairs!  I jokingly told here it’s going downstairs because I can just feel it... I’m going to win.  But seriously I would have kind of an issue if I won...I suppose there’s always divorce.  

How about you?  What would you do if you won something like that? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I thought about this recently because I also entered a contest for a large tank 🤔.......

........I’d set that big bitch up in the middle of the room if necessary. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
59 minutes ago, Duane Clark said:

Anyone else see the $20,000 dream tank BRS is giving away?  I entered to win but got to thinking...what would I do if I actually DID win?  

I was was joking with my wife today that she needed to start thinking where we would put it downstairs and she straight up said...it aint going anywhere down stairs!  I jokingly told here it’s going downstairs because I can just feel it... I’m going to win.  But seriously I would have kind of an issue if I won...I suppose there’s always divorce.  

How about you?  What would you do if you won something like that? 

With as much as that set up weighs, it would probably have to be placed on a ground floor. In water weight alone, 160G would weigh 1,376 pounds! 

I would probably have to sell it, and then use the money on a smaller setup. One that could actually fit in an apartment.

• Like 1

I was in a raffle to win a Biocube 32 from my LFS recently and I pondered the same thing... the hubby said no way, haha. Didn’t win, but if I had it would have been an interesting dilemma. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, LogicalReefs said:

If I win I’m selling everything on here and eBay 🤣

The big question is what I would do with $5,000 in coral from WWC. 😬

Same 😂

Buy all their bouce shrooms! 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, LogicalReefs said:

If I win I’m selling everything on here and eBay 🤣

The big question is what I would do with $5,000 in coral from WWC. 😬

Too bad that would get you only like four or five of their corals 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
A Little Blue
11 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Too bad that would get you only like four or five of their corals 😂

It’s enough to get huge colony of WWC Rainbow super rare GSP. 

• Haha 3

I entered, and thought the same thing too. I live in a second floor condo, so I would never be allowed to set it up. 

But that coral shopping spree would be sweet! 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Graver said:

I live in a studio apartment. There goes my bed.

No problem....you can sleep with the fishes.....

I’ll just see myself out now. 😂

• Haha 5
15 minutes ago, LogicalReefs said:

No problem....you can sleep with the fishes.....

I’ll just see myself out now. 😂

On a tangential note, reminds me of a funny post I recently saw on FB related to sleeping with fishes: 

9761A956-138F-4E0A-9160-D40A46C46CD9.thumb.png.1a818f3c75730e0ba1c29b7e5c1d1d75.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Your community CPA would like to point out you will have to pay income taxes on that $20k.  So your new tank may still cost $2,500-$10k in real money 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

That size tank would have to go downstairs, and i want my tanks upstairs where I spend most of my time. So, I'd sell it and use some of the money to set up an awesome smaller tank with no expenses spared. 

13 minutes ago, specore said:

Your community CPA would like to point out you will have to pay income taxes on that $20k.  So your new tank may still cost $2,500-$10k in real money 

I REALLY hate taxes.  Don’t get me started on the injustice of taxing prize items as income.  Ugh 

• Like 2
Just now, Duane Clark said:

I REALLY hate taxes.  Don’t get me started on the injustice of taxing prize items as income.  Ugh 

It is nice when companies kick in a cash prize to help out.  Still though, worst case scenario you sell the whole prize at a discount to pay the taxes and still pocket a few grand.  First world problem 🙂

• Like 2

First, I wouldn’t trust that weight on my wooden subfloor and joists. Second, I don’t think I’d sleep well with having 160 gal in a glass box. I would build a separate building in the yard for it, concrete floor. Make it a fish tank/man cave type thing. Have it well insulated and temp controlled (AC or heater depending on season). Plus that would keep the noise of that monster out the house. 

Hell, I'd have 500g tank right next to my desk if I had the money, and tge 2nd floor could support it.

My dream office/den would consist of my desk and 2 500g tanks along two walls. One a monster blackwater Amazon tank and the other a reef. 

Or... A living room with one wall consisting of a huge reef with a huge drop down TV that covers the tank for movie time. 

Now that would be a first world problem to have. Deciding which to go with... But since we're dreaming why not both? Lol

• Like 1