Cultivated Reef

WTB micro brittle starfish and stomatellas

Lula_Mae

Hi all,

I'm looking for some micro brittle starfish and stomatellas for my tanks, and possibly other interesting beneficial inverts if you have any to offer.  The LFS around me only offer LifeRock/Real Reef Rock so poking through their live rock tanks isn't really an option, unfortunately.

Thanks! :smilie:

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for some micro brittle starfish and stomatellas for my tanks, and possibly other interesting beneficial inverts if you have any to offer.  The LFS around me only offer LifeRock/Real Reef Rock so poking through their live rock tanks isn't really an option, unfortunately.

Thanks! :smilie:

Ill get with you in a few days.  I have stomatellas, Limpets and Brittles.  The brittles will probably be the hardest to collect.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Ill get with you in a few days.  I have stomatellas, Limpets and Brittles.  The brittles will probably be the hardest to collect.  

Oh, that would be awesome! I hardly ever have gotten brittles and just can't bring myself to pay IPSF prices haha. 

• Like 1

Lula_Mae, sorry to hijack, but ... WVReefer, if you can make 2 packs I would love one. Lost all my stomatellas & mini brittle stars in tank transfer.  Broke my heart.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, @WV Reefer has discovered she has the problem (?) of having 0 algae, which caused the populations of her limpets and stomatellas to decline.  And those microbrittles are smart and aren't falling for her tricks. I'm pretty sure they're all waving middle fingers at her from deep inside the rocks. :lol: I blame Star Lord's influence.

So.  I am still on the hunt for stomatellas and micro brittle starfish. I found some micro brittles on eBay and they arrived today.  With a heat pack.  In the 60's outside.  The water in the package was 93 degrees.  I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

WTB micro brittle starfish and stomatellas.  Again. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I've also been poking around for micro stars - let you know if I find something

Thanks, seller is supposed to be resending some and said s/he felt bad about it so fingers crossed.  I did ask for no heat pack lol.  It hasn't really been cold enough to need one.

• Like 1

I've had a run of bad-ish luck with tank stuff lately.  Yuma doesn't like the tank, the "string of pearls" macro was actually galaxaura (seller claims the macro is a "related" or "variant" of string of pearls but it looks exactly like the galaxaura another seller offers sooo) and I had ordered a mostly DOA gorg with it and put the macro in the pico and the gorg in the big tank and now the goby is sick and I'm suspicious Merlin may be too because he was being very shy yesterday and not going after pellets with his usual gusto.  Argh.

• Sad 1
Floundering_Around
12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Sorry everyone, I should have checked before I posted. 😕 I can’t grow algae apparently which is normally a good thing. lol

you want some of my algae? lol

• Haha 1
  • Recommended Discussions