wmjr

Best nano wave maker?

1 hour ago, specore said:

Interested to see the Nero5 on the 30l. Hope you pull the trigger.

If I won’t get it in a giveaway contest, I’ll ordered it as soon as they have some sale on it (which should not be long with upcoming holiday season). 

15 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

If I won’t get it in a giveaway contest, I’ll ordered it as soon as they have some sale on it (which should not be long with upcoming holiday season). 

Yeah I would think it will 15% off on Black Friday.  

1 hour ago, specore said:

Yeah I would think it will 15% off on Black Friday.  

That’s fine. I might also get 360X if those are out by then. 

On 10/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, Weikel said:

Depends on your definition of enough flow. One mp10 in a Biocube is way too much flow in a biocube if it’s turned up all the way. I think what little blue was saying is having only one wave maker is tough because you are sure to have dead spots due to aquascape . I have one mp10 on my 32 cube and if it’s up all the way it will blow frags off the rocks lol. That being said I love the pump but run it at 40 percent. I use the return pump for surface agitation and use one korrila towards the bottom to circulate water around the rock structure to try and eliminate dead spots. Oh and the mp10 on the side to give the corals flow ..

I'm not arguing or questioning what they said.

I was stating my experience for my tank.

Each tank is different. So its needs will be different.

What works for one will not work for another.

I don't have dead zones and run 1 powerhead because of my aquascape, wavemaker placement/settings, and return nozzle direction.

It's pretty easy to test for dead zones.

If raising my gph has caused my mushrooms to let go, torches to rip apart, and my other lps to close up- why would I add more flow  when my corals are happy, I have no dead zones, no issues?

Simply offering what I have experienced because that's the point of the forum.

56 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Simply offering what I have experienced because that's the point of the forum.

Like you that's what I was doing. Not really sure where this is coming from . Didnt even quote you I was referring to little blues post.  Having a bad day ? Eat a snickers 😎..

Obviously every tank is differant . I was just saying that like your aquimi the mp10 is very strong and will most likely destroy corals if it is on 100 percent in a biocube. And if you can get away with one pump and no dead spots that's great but it's very hard to do imo. 

I really like the jebao rw8 I just got. Good variety of settings and quiet too

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions