Cultivated Reef

25 Gallon (Mainly) LPS and Softie Lagoon

Abeal1117

So this is going to be a thread following my IM 25 AIO tank. So I'm planning on this to be a mostly LPS with some softies and some SPS at some point. I am sort of new to the saltwater hobby. But I've kept high tech freshwater tanks with great success, so I have to move onto something more challenging. Now time for the specs: 

Equipment 

Ai Prime W/ Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid Fixture (Using 1 Coral Plus, 1 true actinic, 1 blue plus, and 1 purple plus) 

Reef Glass Protein Skimmer 

IM MiniMaxx Reactor W/ Roxx Carbon 

2x Custom Caddy (Filter Floss, Seachem matrix, Purigen/ Phosguard) 

IM Refugium Basket 

2x Neotherm heaters (2 50 watt heaters) 

3x Current USA wavemakers (660 gph) 

IM Mighty Jet DC return pump 

AutoAqua Micro ATO 

Seneye Reef Monitor 

Livestock 

1x Clownfish 

1x Blackline Blenny 

1x Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse 

1x Randall's Goby W/ Pistol Shrimp 

1x Pair of Scarlet Skunk Cleaners 

1x Pom Pom Crab 

5x Algaebarn Nassarius 

5x Algaebarn Trochus 

5x Algaebarn Ceriths

The tank has water, but im currently waiting for my Seneye to come in and my Prodibio Nano so I can start cycling my tank. But here are some pics

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Congrats on your new nano reef @Abeal1117, that's a great setup! I dig your aquascape, best of luck with your cycle! How are you liking the wave makers so far?

Thanks, I appreciate it! The wavemakers are pretty cool and seem efficient, I have them set up to the Current USA  bluetooth piece. I haven't put the third wavemaker in yet, but when I do, I'll have the front 2 running on surge facing each other on odd timing. The third will just keep detritus from settling in the back. 

Following along. I also like the scape?

How do you like your light and skimmer? I'm planning a lagoon as well and was thinking of getting the Hydra 26 (no T5 yet) and a Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 since I'm planning on a big stocking list similar to yours (if possible I'd love to add a small flame or potters angel).

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Love the planned stock list and nice scape too

Thanks, it took me a bit to get a scape I was happy with. I hope the stock list will work out, only thing that worries me is if blenny and goby show any aggression towards eachother, I know it's not likely though.

1 hour ago, pieceofreef said:

Following along. I also like the scape?

How do you like your light and skimmer? I'm planning a lagoon as well and was thinking of getting the Hydra 26 (no T5 yet) and a Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 since I'm planning on a big stocking list similar to yours (if possible I'd love to add a small flame or potters angel).

Thanks!

I love the AI Prime, its easy to use the interface and the light appears to be strong. From what I know, the hydra 26 is pretty much 2 AI Primes in one unit, but at a cheaper price. The skimmer is good, skims on the wet side though, I also have a 10 gallon reef tank and run a Reef Glass Skimmer on that tank for 4 months now and I have no complaints at all. I haven't heard much on the aquamaxx HOB 1.5 though so I can't speak on that, just make sure it'll fit onto the back of the tank.

• 1 month later...

Update! 

The tank has cycled and I've added a few test corals which are all doing great for the past few weeks. Being cycled I've decided it's time for a fish... SoI ordered a nebula picasso clownfish from Sustainable Aquatics, should be here sometime next week. Since there was so many black friday sales I decided to order some corals, from Golden State Corals. I ended ordering: 

Captain America Palys 

Lemon Lime Palys 

Blue Agave Palys 

WOW Zoas 

Utter Chaos Zoas 

Oxide Zoas  

Rasta Zoas 

Blue Hornet Zoas 

Tyree Orange Rainbow Palys 

Butt Muncher Zoas