Pod Your Reef

Using nitrate/phosphate removing pads for NPS corals?

AlmightyJoshaeus

AlmightyJoshaeus

I did more research on NPS corals, and it seems what works best is (A) LOTS of filtration, (B) LOTS of food, and (C) LOTS of water changes. I think I may apply that mantra...going to beef up my filtration in any case so I can feed twice a day.

35 minutes ago, AlmightyJoshaeus said:

I did more research on NPS corals, and it seems what works best is (A) LOTS of filtration, (B) LOTS of food, and (C) LOTS of water changes. I think I may apply that mantra...going to beef up my filtration in any case so I can feed twice a day.

I feed my suns once or twice a day.

36 minutes ago, AlmightyJoshaeus said:

And the thing that’s good about suns is that you can watch them to see how they are responding. You can tell by whether/how they are opening up and whether you are getting growth vs retraction of their flesh. I wouldn’t worry too much about having all the right answer in advance, you’ll be able to monitor their well being and your parameters as you go. 

Also, I don’t think light harms them at all, it just doesn’t help them, so you don’t have to run it dim.

AlmightyJoshaeus

Light doesn't directly harm any NPS corals...HOWEVER, some NPS's will get encrusted with algae and perish if kept in a bright environment, so this tank will be kept fairly dark. Thank you, though