SaltCritters.com

Total noob in need of advice

WCO2 Neptune

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, WCO2 Neptune said:

Question.   Anyone know what this clear film around my corals is? Looks like cacoon Type stuff. 

20181204_143430.jpg

20181204_143439.jpg

20181204_143509.jpg

Looks like they are melting or infection. 

They might be to far gone but... I would do a iodine dip with lugol's. Four drops per cup of water for 5-10 min, swish the cup a few times. Then rinse them in a 2nd cup of tank water to remove the iodine before placing them back in the tank.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, WCO2 Neptune said:

awesome, didn't know i could just take out the bio balls  and keep running the tank... I will do that.... I have extra sponges, i will just replace it... 

I ordered new stuff to go with the new in tank media basket... hoping it arrives soon... things are delayed due to damn hurricane just hitting us in Florida.

i can't return the fish 😞 no take backs, no receipt, so i'm stuck.    If I were to give up anything it would be the two bigger clown fish.... the small clown i'd keep cause it's small but i kinda like the crazy diamond goby.... he's so active and is all over the place... never bored watching him.... but if he has to go to get things working, well then his bags will be packed buh bye ;(      So anyone in Florida looking for a couple of fishes ?   

This was probably said at some point, but Diamond gobies need an established tank to thrive as they sift sand and eat organisms out of it. Personally, I think a 14 gallon is way too small for a diamond goby. 

On 11/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, WCO2 Neptune said:

Pics of new corals... 

Did a 20% water change today. All is well, levels are awesome... things seem to be working as it should....

20181124_130953.jpg

When you say all levels are awesome - what are you testing and what are the levels? Specifically:

calcium

alkalinity

nitrates

phsophates 

magnesium

you have a few different types of Corals here and it’s hard to identify the problem without those parameters. 

• Like 1