Cultivated Reef

Help properly setting up Cobalt MJ1200 in BC 32

FrancineJ

I am not on here to argue with people... only to ask for advice... but yes I took offense to the beginning of that comment... no, I am not being over paranoid... I am trying to do as many things properly the first time around instead of making mistake after mistake... 

To me that’s the proper way to do things rather than hooking something up wrong... had I went with the stock tank I would have had very very few questions.. and none would have been to hooking up the tank...maybe 1 or 2....about stocking and such.... it was due to the fact that I had a bunch of non stock parts and wanted things to be set up right.... that’s all

2 minutes ago, FrancineJ said:

And again it had nothing to do with the information he provided me... it’s sound information.... however it’s the first part of the comment that I took offense to...

had they just said “since your a beginner a couple things to watch is for over feeding and you might want to consider an ATO so it lessens your work” that would have been fine but the first part was unnecessary.... 

The biggest appeal to nanoreef is that we aren't all ruled with an iron fist like other forums.  We are much more laid back and open here.  

I can assure you Harry didn't mean to sound condescending or rude in anyway.  He was just trying to tell you to not worry so much.  So many things can be worrisome in this hobby.  You will pull all of your blonde hair out by the end of your tank.  

Well.....I don't know what else to say.  People like to sometimes be a little flippant on this site, but it is almost never out of hate or wanting to upset each other.  Overall a very family friendly forum.  So I guess I am just trying to inject my (admittedly unsolicited) advice to just let it roll off your back and move on.  Things tend to go south when "newish" members call out "oldish" members.  Mostly due to the other "oldish" members having a lot of history with each other and knowledge about if certain people are known to be mean versus helpful, etc...  Not that anyone should follow the "people who have been around longer are always right" mantra.  Because that is dangerous to blindly follow and I have seen "old" members on other online forums use that as a blank check to be mean to others. 

• Like 1

See the blonde comment... clearly I can be witty as I referred to myself as being a dumb blonde (and oh goodness please do not let there be any blondes on here take offense to that! Lmao 😂

4 minutes ago, paneubert said:

Well.....I don't know what else to say.  People like to sometimes be a little flippant on this site, but it is almost never out of hate or wanting to upset each other.  Overall a very family friendly forum.  So I guess I am just trying to inject my (admittedly unsolicited) advice to just let it roll off your back and move on.  Things tend to go south when "newish" members call out "oldish" members.  Mostly due to the other "oldish" members having a lot of history with each other and knowledge about if certain people are known to be mean versus helpful, etc...  Not that anyone should follow the "people who have been around longer are always right" mantra.  Because that is dangerous to blindly follow and I have seen "old" members on other online forums use that as a blank check to be mean to others. 

Harry is mean.  But he goes for the throat, not snide remarks. 😄

• Like 1

Lol we will find out about the pump in a couple of minutes lol 

just connecting my hydor aqamai to my WiFi... then water is going in....

so so I just fill it with pure tap water and then throw all my fish in right? Lmao 😂 

no worries... like I said if it was my own tank... I would care less about making mistakes... but for any of you guys who have kids in this hobby (my son is very invested and looks after his own axie tank that’s 64g all by himself... from cleaning his canister filter to all his maintenance but this is a bit different than FW and I just didn’t want to be the one to blame if the pump blew apart or something broke because I slightly over looked something... and I did change the pump myself... my concern was that if I picked up the tubing it literally would just come right off the pump... not a tug or pull... so I was worried what it would do with water pressure... and on my research I have heard of people’s doing this... and then woke up to all fish in the tank dead... I don’t want to put a kid through that so I was just double checking that it was in right and that it was tight enough and the couple people answered that right away for me... I wasn’t even going to look back at this page... I was done... I followed everything that they told me to do... I added a zip tie and it’s a bit tighter so I’ll cross my fingers and hope it works....

Thank you again to everyone and I will not over feed and I will make sure that the water is topped off everyday just like I do with my other 200 tanks... 

what are you guys gonna do if I ever decide to go big time and get a big tank lmao 😂 

Thank you and no hard feelings to anyone...

and I hope vise versa.... again I was only following the advice from a fellow member to create a new thread to get an exact answer to this specific question... and then I was concerned as it said not to immerse the pump past 3ft... when a brute it much taller... just being on the cautious side... have a great day everyone 🙂 

1 hour ago, patback said:

Harry is mean.  But he goes for the throat, not snide remarks. 😄

Exactly. If I was trying to be mean, you’d know it 😂. No idea what happened here- I saw someone new being super nervous about every tiny detail and tried to help them by saying it’s not as complicated. Next thing I know, there are essays about how offended the OP is. These millennials need a safe space where nobody can say anything they don’t like, I guess. 

No worries OP, I’ll  stay out of your thread ✌🏼 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, StevieT said:
  • Fish first
  • Then salt
  • Then lake water
  • Then blow dryer to bring up the temp
  • Then inTank products

Wet Water :happydance:

And I can just stick the blow dryer right in the water over night right? Just till it gets the fish up to the right temperature?? Lmao 🤣 

Or does your equipment come with a slot for the blow dryer?? Lol

also I bet a couple people on here now would like me to be holding said blow dryer when I flick it on lol 😂 

26 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Exactly. If I was trying to be mean, you’d know it 😂. No idea what happened here- I saw someone new being super nervous about every tiny detail and tried to help them by saying it’s not as complicated. Next thing I know, there are essays about how offended the OP is. These millennials need a safe space where nobody can say anything they don’t like, I guess. 

No worries OP, I’ll  stay out of your thread ✌🏼 

Millennials?? Lol

my youngest child is 12 btw.... the oldest being 16 nearly 17.... I wish I was a millennial 😂 lol I’m pretty sure my kids fall into that category not me but I can dream... that one I will take as a compliment!! Lol

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, FrancineJ said:

Millennials?? Lol

my youngest child is 12 btw.... the oldest being 16 nearly 17.... I wish I was a millennial 😂 lol I’m pretty sure my kids fall into that category not me but I can dream... that one I will take as a compliment!! Lol

Sarcasm. Patback knows that I am 20. 

🙄

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Sarcasm. Patback knows that I am 20. 

🙄

Lol hey it’s ok... I’ll take that any day.... I’ll just say I’m old enough to be your mother lmao 😂