Innovative Marine Aquariums

Craig’s Office Reefer 170 *Retired*

FSTanks

2 hours ago, Infinite0180 said:

Hey, still liking the aqamai kps pumps? I am setting up a reefer nano and was thinking of selling my gyre 1k and picking up two of the kps pumps... I want to run them on the back wall as well.

I like them so far... still no corals or fish in the system due to work, holidays, and a vacation.

They are functional, compact, quiet, and seem powerful enough.

I am actually setting up my QT today in prep to get the first fish this week.

Once the first fish is thru QT and in the display I will put a few test corals in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since an update...

Tank still sitting empty but cycled and ready to go.

I put a tail spot blenny in QT yesterday.

He didn’t eat any of my pellet food this morning and was extremely inactive and hiding in a corner.

I went to my LFS and grabbed some Rod’s herbivore blend and squirted it right next to him with the good ol’ turkey blaster... which he ate happily and then swam around a small section of the tank hunting for more, which made me happy.

I’m running no meds now, just a sponge and UV.

Will observe another day or two, then a round of general cure, and then at least 15 days of observation with copper only if I see something.

I’ll post pics if I manage any good ones.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

"Buddy the Blenny", as my family has name him (or her) is doing good in QT, will probably move him to the display tomorrow after checking the display's parameters (assuming all good... I have been keeping the display cycled with Dr. Tim's).

It's hard to get pics of him in there as he hides a lot.

I'm hoping he'll be more at home in the rock work of the display, especially after he gets some friends in there.

Re: fish selections, I am thinking of changing my plan...

I'm thinking about putting a six line through QT next, and then a Yellow Assessor.

My only worry is possibly lack of hiding places (and ensuing war) in the rock work, but I do have a bit of space to add a few smallish pieces to make another cave or two.

My father has a decent point and shoot with a good macro mode that he may lend me too, as my iPhone 6 doesn't do the best at up close.

Hoping that will allow me to start posting more pictures soon.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I have been a working days nights and weekends for the last couple of months and not around much... but working on my maintenance routine and keeping the tank going.

Params:

PH: 8.2

Temp: 77

Ammonia: 0

No2/No3: 0/8

I have been doing water changes to work No3 slowly down to the <5 ish range.

Today, we moved Buddy the blenny to the display, added a few snails to the display, and also added a Bengaii Cardinal to QT.

No time for pics, but soon hopefully, once I can get a camera with macro mode from my pops.

Cheers! 🍀

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

We added Peggy the Coris Wrasse to the QT along with Carl the Bangaii Cardinal.

Reset the ‘clock’ on the QT.

Also, decided to scrap the skimmer for now and do a miracle mud fuge.

Finally, ordered a clip on filter for my phone camera and looking forward to playing with that.

Pics:

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Hi, 

Busy spring and summer with work and a death in the family... so no updates.

testing and water changes were done though.

Tank is still running as FOWLR so it should be good and established.

I think I lost Buddy the Tailspot blenny... he disappeared into the rocks over a week ago and no sign since.

Parameters are stable but I hate the Red Sea dKH test... gonna get Hanna soon, before test corals go in.

Miracle mud fudge works well, but is messy and replacement mud+running fuge light is pricier than skimmer and NoPox... contemplating a switch to a RO classic sss110 and a two head doser for all for reef and NoPox.

Also, rented a PAR meter to check my light (Aqamai LRM). 

It’s presets seem perfect for my tank... data below.

Light is 11” from water surface took measurements from 10 points around the rock work... averages below.

SPS 12k - 273

SPS 14k - 193

LPS 12k - 206

Coral Boost - 324

Color Enhancer - 206

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Hi NR, shutdown this tank during lockdown.

work and family had become too busy.

I later got the bug and setup a SR Aquaristik planted FW to have by my desk.
Now the bug has bit and I’m hoping to scratch it around Father’s Day… will setup a new thread later.

Looks like my instagram links went MIA so I’ll look at restoring those too.

• Like 1
  • FSTanks changed the title to Craig’s Office Reefer 170 *Retired*