SaltCritters.com

I need help with ID

Angela1201

Please help me ID what’s on my LR.  There was an aptaisia next to I I believe and I treated w lemon juice a couple hours ago and it’s gone for now.  My lfs said it was probably a sponge, but it seems like it was having a reaction to the aptaisia.  What ever it is was more open until The aptaisia started bothering it.  Then it started to close up it has already opened back up in the couple hours the aptaisia has been gone.  Also there is some kind of yellow/green matter in the crevices if the rock.  Is that algae?  Thanks for your help 🙂

98B784CA-30D5-473C-AA59-98C47484F7B8.jpeg

5379EC3B-6E9F-4627-AA39-BD0B1162376E.jpeg

EF9262D3-0E2C-43A9-98FE-D1BB76716847.jpeg

63D77E44-D3D1-47F1-AC11-FC6DDFEEF227.jpeg

DEE1C849-D3B1-4EFC-B0AF-88B27AB2DF1A.jpeg

The yellow/green item in the last pic looks like a type of sponge. I have several that are similar in various places in my tank. As for the other pics, could be a sponge. If it has a hard base skeleton it’s a coral. Hard to tell from the pics, but to me, and I’m in no way an expert, it kind of resembles a candy cane coral, but I’ll leave a formal ID to those more knowledgeable than I.

• 3 weeks later...

The clear blob is really hard to tell but it's possible it is some type of coral that was left in complete darkness. Almost sort of looks like a ricordea due to the texture but like I said, a better pic is needed.    Is it new rock?