Cultivated Reef

Nanobox settings on sps tanks

fishfood

Can I see what setting everyone is using on their tanks with sps.  I'm just not getting any color in mine.  Moved corals from my bigger sps tank to take it down and everything I've been moving has just turned brown.  Only other than being up 3 months other parameters are fine, heck better than my sps tank actually.  Lps look much better under the lights than they do my other setup however.  I have a duo over a 25 lagoon.

3 minutes ago, fishfood said:

Can I see what setting everyone is using on their tanks with sps.  I'm just not getting any color in mine.  Moved corals from my bigger sps tank to take it down and everything I've been moving has just turned brown.  Only other than being up 3 months other parameters are fine, heck better than my sps tank actually.  Lps look much better under the lights than they do my other setup however.  I have a duo over a 25 lagoon.

The stock SPS + setting should be perfect for the tank. You could change the overall length to 12 hours as well. 

The tank is still new and transferring SPS to a entirely new habitat can cause some stress. 

At this point a month in the tank for many of them and no color.  I'm blasting them in my other tank with an almost maxed out sb reef light with some t5 blue plus bulbs.  Guess I need to max these out as well.

Hey Dave, I'm curious about what you mean by the SPS+ stock setting. I bought a Duo ~8 months ago and it's been great, though I still know it can be tuned much better than I have it now. Does the Bluefish app have recommended settings? I couldn't find anything like that. 

I have a mixed reef, with SPS top/center 3-4 inches below surface, with LPS/Softies radiating further outward/downward. The Nanobox Duo is about 6 inches off the water, no cover. Are there any pre-baked settings I can default to, or do you have any recommendations? 

47 minutes ago, Jax15 said:

Hey Dave, I'm curious about what you mean by the SPS+ stock setting. I bought a Duo ~8 months ago and it's been great, though I still know it can be tuned much better than I have it now. Does the Bluefish app have recommended settings? I couldn't find anything like that. 

I have a mixed reef, with SPS top/center 3-4 inches below surface, with LPS/Softies radiating further outward/downward. The Nanobox Duo is about 6 inches off the water, no cover. Are there any pre-baked settings I can default to, or do you have any recommendations? 

Bluefish > Gear icon > Quick Setup > NanoBox > Select your choice of preset SPS+/SPS 14K/LPS/Mixed Reef. 

I think you can then go back and tweak the length of each time period.  I personally have not experiment with it.   

Amazing thank you!

Also really interested to hear if anyone has a similar setup to mine (20g mixed reef with nanobox duo) and what settings have been working well for them!

10 hours ago, Jax15 said:

Amazing thank you!

Also really interested to hear if anyone has a similar setup to mine (20g mixed reef with nanobox duo) and what settings have been working well for them!

Like @micoastreefing stated, the presets are in the NanoBox section. This should help you out. 

17 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Bluefish > Gear icon > Quick Setup > NanoBox > Select your choice of preset SPS+/SPS 14K/LPS/Mixed Reef. 

I think you can then go back and tweak the length of each time period.  I personally have not experiment with it.   

Thanks Rut!

10 hours ago, Jax15 said:

Here are a few picks of my setup! Going to do a full build thread with more close ups soon. 

EE03D755-EA6C-4C92-AE97-26FC88CC77A6.jpeg

CF9F210A-3D3B-4D94-83B4-011C4CE06F6A.jpeg

BEB9BE10-1E30-4046-8D86-C551148E07EA.jpeg

Tank looks great. Try lowering the light ~ 2" .

18 hours ago, fishfood said:

At this point a month in the tank for many of them and no color.  I'm blasting them in my other tank with an almost maxed out sb reef light with some t5 blue plus bulbs.  Guess I need to max these out as well.

No need to blast them. The preset SPS + should be just fine.