ReefCleaners.org

New JBJ 45 Rimless flat panel build coming

queens reefer

queens reefer

Hello all... I am new to this forum and wanted some options on a few questions I have regarding nano tanks.. So I am planning on starting a new JBJ 45 in November once I get the tank end of October.

What pump size can I fit in the jbj 45 that will give me good flow?

I have 1 mp10 currently will this be enough flow?

I sold my 100 gallon about 6 months ago or so due to work and now work has changed. I am familiar with the whole cycle just never owned a small tank before.

• Like 1

Hey check this video out...had to dig deep for this since its been a while since they made the video.

Also, that mp10 should be sufficient but you might want to eventually get another if your going full SPS once the tank is mature. 

Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @queens reefer!

2 hours ago, queens reefer said:

I sold my 100 gallon about 6 months ago or so due to work and now work has changed. I am familiar with the whole cycle just never owned a small tank before.

You'll do great! You've already cut your water change maintenance work in half, that's a good start! 😉 

What was your 100 gallon tank like? Share a photo if you can! What do you want to do differently with your new nano reef?

I think your single MP10 will make for a great circulation pump, coupled with whatever you decide for the return pump.

queens reefer

Here are just a few pics of my sca 100 gallon. Went a little crazy with all top end equipment.. a shame to have to get rid of it months after. took me months to build my cabinet. wrapped it in vinyl and everything.

sca7.JPG

sca6.JPG

sca4.JPG

sca3.JPG

sca2.JPG

• Like 1
queens reefer

will i be able to use my finnex 300 heater in the jbj 45?  I am getting a mp10, will this be enough flow or something else needed on opposite side of the tank?