SaltCritters.com

GIVEAWAY: Aqua Illumination Nero 5 Powerhead

Premiumaq

In Today's video we take a look at Aqua Illumination Nero 5 Powerhead which is available at Premium Aquatics.

AI Nero 5: https://goo.gl/bbEJWk

Nero 5 Submersible Pump

-Up to 3,000gph

-A tankload of flow from a

-small in-tank footprint.

Specifications:

Maximum Glass Thickness: .5” (13mm)

Flow Rate: 3,000gph (11356;ph)

Input: 100-240vac, 50/60Hz, 1A

Power Consumption: Variable, 30w Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2Nsv6--5k&feature=em-uploademail

Visit Premium Aquatics: https://premiumaquatics.com

• Like 1
LogicalReefs

Love to check out the pump with my nano tank. Been really interested in trying this pump out. Had a MP10 but didn’t quite like it. Maybe this is better?

Dang this thing can pump out some water!! I Would really love to try this. I am planning on upgrading my tank soon, and being able to go all the way up to 3,000 gph is wicked. 

This is a fantastic little toy! The controls and feature set are really by far the best I've seen, and its seamless integration with the MyAI app makes it golden. I got a surprise package after MACNA and boy I was so excited!!! And yes, I use it on my BioCube 16, and I definitely saw an improvement in my corals. Also, the amount of detritus that used to get collected at certain dead-spots is now relatively way lesser than before.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

This is a fantastic little toy! The controls and feature set are really by far the best I've seen, and its seamless integration with the MyAI app makes it golden. I got a surprise package after MACNA and boy I was so excited!!! And yes, I use it on my BioCube 16, and I definitely saw an improvement in my corals. Also, the amount of detritus that used to get collected at certain dead-spots is now relatively way lesser than before.

Nice, Krish, glad to hear you’re liking it so far! 

• Like 1
On 10/7/2018 at 9:51 PM, LogicalReefs said:

Love to check out the pump with my nano tank. Been really interested in trying this pump out. Had a MP10 but didn’t quite like it. Maybe this is better?

It controlled through an app and has a smaller foot print which is way different than MPs.

4 minutes ago, Cyndi said:

It controlled through an app and has a smaller foot print which is way different than MPs.

Cool. The price is not too bad considering those things. Saw reefbuilders was putting these on his home tank. Looking into one maybe later on down the road once I get a bigger tank. 

• Like 1

It appears that it can be tuned down. So I would think that you could put it in as small of a tank as you'd like if you absolutely just had to have this powerhead. But in a smaller tank. There are probably much better choices money wise you could make. I mean hell even a Vortech is cheaper and I never thought i'd say that LOL. 

I emailed AI asking about min flow numbers and tank sizes.

They said they didn't have specific flow numbers but that they were running one in a 20 gallon without issues.

Sounds like it should be pretty flexible.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:38 PM, Cyndi said:

Well, I consider a long wire hanging inside my tank part of the footprint 😂🤪

On 10/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, LogicalReefs said:

Cool. The price is not too bad considering those things. Saw reefbuilders was putting these on his home tank. Looking into one maybe later on down the road once I get a bigger tank. 

Yeah I am waiting for him to post the video on his tank with these running. I have the same cube and now I'm considering a pair of Nero 5s over a pair of MP10s. 

4 hours ago, tgore said:

Yeah I am waiting for him to post the video on his tank with these running. I have the same cube and now I'm considering a pair of Nero 5s over a pair of MP10s. 

I just like the neros cause they are smaller I think and can be controlled with the app without having to buy the reeflink. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Are the winners of these contests ever announced? 

I think it’s just click bait usually but a person can dream right?

Lol what’s funny about giveaways and such, people try to give their reasons on why the sponsor should pick them and how great of a benefit it’ll be for their tank.

Reminds me of a cat rubbing against a leg just to get some attention or a treat . 

If these giveaways are real then signing up with a name should be enough to pick a winner.

Heck , I can use one of these in my sump cuz there’s no way I’m putting that ugly wire in the display. And yes, we can all rejoice, a Vortech is cheaper than this lol

Rant /commentary is over. ✌🏻

• Haha 1