ReefCleaners.org

10 to 20 - Back in Black

HookedOnAquariums

Nice !!!! How is the light build going ? Not really,I think its a bad idea to crush them though. Maybe super glue over the opening ? I had one and it never harmed anything. I would even feed it on the occasion,he did 't grow much or mess with anything but he was always feeding. 

Nice !!!! How is the light build going ? Not really,I think its a bad idea to crush them though. Maybe super glue over the opening ? I had one and it never harmed anything. I would even feed it on the occasion,he did 't grow much or mess with anything but he was always feeding. 

HookedOnAquariums
7 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I just don't want this lunatic snail shooting slime everywhere. All i can say about the light build is that its going, at have a couple of the pieces that still need to be ordered and I still need to find someone with a soldering iron, but all around i just need funds and to buckle down and get it done

HookedOnAquariums
37 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Walmart has soldering irons with solder for $10 !!! 

Well I know where i'm going tomorrow. First the fish slaughterhouse (petco) for some salt and maybe some snails and hermits, then to wally world the land of capitalism and obese people who looks lost (me)

1 hour ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Well I know where i'm going tomorrow. First the fish slaughterhouse (petco) for some salt and maybe some snails and hermits, then to wally world the land of capitalism and obese people who looks lost (me)

What salt brand are you using? If it's an option for you, Amazon usually has a price advantage over retailers, especially if you have Prime.

HookedOnAquariums
8 minutes ago, Firefish15 said:

What salt brand are you using? If it's an option for you, Amazon usually has a price advantage over retailers, especially if you have Prime.

IO reef crystals. My mom accidentally grabbed plain instant ocean from petco while i was at school as a present. Just exchanging it and will purchase from amazon from now on

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
HookedOnAquariums

Haven't updated this in a while tank will be finished soon but most likely used as a. holding tank for the two larger systems i'm planning. I haven't gone though the uglies in this tank even though i have the number one light recommended for growing algae in refugiums. Light build is almost done! 

heres a pic to prove that i started buckling down.

2133577293_IMG_9896(1).jpg.b978d0cbceeb0a9f4c55e9e31c1f33ec.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
HookedOnAquariums
45 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

No teasers of the light ? 

I have everything in exept my 18 gage wire and soldering iron. image.thumb.jpg.8233aeb5ab0cd8344c0ca5bfc548e0c9.jpg

Control Box! Gonna build an acrylic one if I continue to use this light. (It does have ventilation and circulation in the back)

image.thumb.jpg.be54dfa774e96add74cae481b151eac6.jpg

the light! It has 19 diodes. 2 mint, 5 neutral white, 8 royal blue, 3 uv. 2 channel mint/nw and blue/uv 

HookedOnAquariums
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

No teasers of the light ? The shelf looks good but please put a level on that thing 🤔 lol.

The shelf is level. The tank is not. And the picture makes it look much worse than it is

HookedOnAquariums

Well kiddos soldering isn’t my thing and the unfortunate event is I don’t have enough time to learn or get new leds (I fried two) If one of you has a light that I could buy off of you and get it shipped in less than 4 days please contact me ASAP. 

HookedOnAquariums
11 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

What happened ? 

I burned out two of the leds while soldering and couldn’t get the rest to turn on. (This was only one channel in lol)  Should havjust bit the bullet and got solderless leds. But now I have coral coming on Wednesday so I don’t have enough time to perfect soldering skills and get new leds in. Will probably order a bb from amazon and build a diffuser and eventually upgrade the fan. (A solderless one lol) unless I can find a deal under 100 for a decent light. I think I’m gong to sell of this one or just part it out. Electrical diy is not for me

HookedOnAquariums
9 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

PM me a picture of the leds and the wiring. Something could have just been skipped. Which leds got burnt out ? 

A uv and a rb. The light in the driver was on so I know I didn’t miss anything there. And I wired the led plus minus in a loop. Just botched the soldering job, badly

Hmmmm,but the driver that is "working" ith the light on,that strand isn't coming on ? You would have to apply soldering iron basically to the diode or put so much heat to board,you 110% sure everything is good ? Which royals and violets did you go with ? 

HookedOnAquariums
10 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hmmmm,but the driver that is "working" ith the light on,that strand isn't coming on ? You would have to apply soldering iron basically to the diode or put so much heat to board,you 110% sure everything is good ? Which royals and violets did you go with ? 

Yep everything is fine except the leds. I was accidentally running the iron too hot and am 100 percent sure I fried at least one of them. I used the Steve’s leds, luxeon I think? Just the cheap ones. I would be fine buying replacements and figuring out how to solder but I got a tome limit. 

HookedOnAquariums

4CC7319A-FFAE-407B-ADA7-EACE055EB967.thumb.jpeg.956d40375e9d7278847391f84768c435.jpeg

i beat the clock, first corals may be coming in tomorrow. Gonna have to work up to literally any intensity, the orange on the clownfish literally glows under these lights, highly recommend.

• HookedOnAquariums changed the title to 10 to 20 - Back in Black