Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone use the Aquarium Note app?

Firefish15

Hey all!

I just wanted to share this cool little tool I've found! It's called Aquarium Note, a free app on the Google Play store. It's basically a digital journal for your aquariums. You can enter all the events, set reminders for yourself, et cetera.  I found a bunch of cool tools on it. One of the more useful ones I've found are the graphs for your test results over time. It's got a place for pretty much any parameter you test. Another one that's great for a near color-blind guy like me is a color sensor for the liquid test kits. You just take a picture of your test tube next to the chart, move three selectors, and it tells you exactly what color it is. If you log items too, it gives you an expenditure list. (Yikes :eek: ). There's some other stuff too.

This may all seem like a shameless plug, but I'm not getting paid or anything. I just think it's a useful tool! 

Let me know what you all think!

Screenshot_20180928-003227.png

Screenshot_20180928-000527.png

Screenshot_20180928-002149.png

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Hmm I use Aquarimate and I like it, but that color sensor seems pretty cool.

Haven't heard of that one. I'll have to check it out for comparison! I didn't know these things existed, so my mind is just kind of blown.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 9/28/2018 at 2:36 AM, Firefish15 said:

Hey all!

I just wanted to share this cool little tool I've found! It's called Aquarium Note, a free app on the Google Play store. It's basically a digital journal for your aquariums. You can enter all the events, set reminders for yourself, et cetera.  I found a bunch of cool tools on it. One of the more useful ones I've found are the graphs for your test results over time. It's got a place for pretty much any parameter you test. Another one that's great for a near color-blind guy like me is a color sensor for the liquid test kits. You just take a picture of your test tube next to the chart, move three selectors, and it tells you exactly what color it is. If you log items too, it gives you an expenditure list. (Yikes :eek: ). There's some other stuff too.

This may all seem like a shameless plug, but I'm not getting paid or anything. I just think it's a useful tool! 

Let me know what you all think!

Screenshot_20180928-003227.png

Screenshot_20180928-000527.png

Screenshot_20180928-002149.png

I use it! I love it....super simple and it's nice to be able to take notes and record everything that happens.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 9/28/2018 at 3:30 AM, olig said:

as another near colour blind reefer I am downloading it as I type - thanks for posting about it I would never have looked for an app to do this

It was funny because I remember just relaxing watching tv and was like "I wounder if there is an app for my fish tanks" lol There was and I downloaded this app

On 10/1/2018 at 11:44 AM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It was funny because I remember just relaxing watching tv and was like "I wounder if there is an app for my fish tanks" lol There was and I downloaded this app

That's how I found it.😁

I wasn't aware it did the color comparison which is even cooler. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That's how I found it.😁

I wasn't aware it did the color comparison which is even cooler. 

Glad you like it too :-) For a free app it really is easy to use plus it's super handy. I have so many notes in it lol.

2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Glad you like it too 🙂 For a free app it really is easy to use plus it's super handy. I have so many notes in it lol.

I love it. It helped so much, especially with 3 tanks. I can keep everything organized individually.

Free is always great...especially in this hobby😄

• Like 2
On 9/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, Oldsalt01 said:

Yah........ for ten bucks and it doesn’t offer the camera option. Figures. I just “upgraded” to iOS😝

$9.49 a year really isn't that much. Less than .80 a month. I might have to try it out.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:43 AM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I use it! I love it....super simple and it's nice to be able to take notes and record everything that happens.

The developer is responsive to feedback too. I actually asked him to allow adding "notes" to the Latest Activities area, before it would just log scheduled activities like water changes. *pat on back* lol I wish I was smart enough to come up with a app like this! lol

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, Orangutran said:

The developer is responsive to feedback too. I actually asked him to allow adding "notes" to the Latest Activities area, before it would just log scheduled activities like water changes. *pat on back* lol I wish I was smart enough to come up with a app like this! lol

Oh that's good to know. Most of the time you never hear a peep so if there is an issue at least they'll look into it.

I checked it out, and it sounds pretty handy, but couldn't figure out why the app wants privileges to access my contacts and telephone calls.

If it wants access to stuff, I'd like it to have access to my Apex probes...  

• Like 1

I used it a while back and got away from it when I upgraded my phone. Been trying reefteace live....but the measurements and colors are off on the most stuff so I found it aggravating as hell. Seeing this post made me just download this again.

3 hours ago, holy carp said:

I checked it out, and it sounds pretty handy, but couldn't figure out why the app wants privileges to access my contacts and telephone calls.

If it wants access to stuff, I'd like it to have access to my Apex probes...  

Most apps require "access", it's for its function like uploading a pic from your phone to the app.