Coral Vue Hydros

Yellow Corris wrasse

Jorge091293

Anyone kept this fish in a reef with other fish ? 

I really want one and I am getting it for 5$ from my vendor as a discount for always buying from him 

have 2 Clarkis 8 chromis  3 Blennies 1 cardinal 

and a lot of inverts 

and a lot of Britlle worms for him to fist on if he gets a taste from r them 

will he be okay with them and how big of tank do they need ? What do they eat? 

Good working fish. Goes after various pests in your tank. I want one but my 30g is too small for this guy. I would say 50g minimum but I’m sure ppl kept it in smaller tanks. 

On 9/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, Jorge091293 said:

I’ll put in my 54 gallon reef then 🙂 

Depends on the inverts... I had one and he could beat the crap out of shrimp and take snails and bash them on the rocks to open them up. Was very neat the watch. This was a big male though. Peaceful towards fish though.

• Wow 1
A Little Blue
15 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

He has been in the tank for a few days and hurry’s him self in sand and comes out to explore 

I love that fish. Seems like you like the guy.....

I live the guy but found him dead this morning 😞 broke my heart idk what happened 

nitrates 15 

amonia 0 

idk what happened ph is at 8.2

nitrite 0 

19 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

I live the guy but found him dead this morning 😞 broke my heart idk what happened 

nitrates 15 

amonia 0 

nitrite 0 

Sorry for your loss 😞 May have been nothing you did. Stress of being caught in the wild and shipped and then moved to a fish store to our tanks.... it is a big killer of fish. 

A Little Blue
20 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

nitrates 15 

amonia 0 

nitrite 0 

Bummer. Did you acclimate before placing him in your tank. If your water chemistry is different then that of your LFS, it could have give him a little shell shock. Unless there is really something out of whack in your water or some sort of bulling going on, I don’t see a reason why it would die in such a short time. 

It would be easy to blame the source where you got the fish from but that would be a stretch. Always check the fish b4 purchase. Make sure it looks healthy, eats well, is active and doesn’t show signs of any external parasite infection. 

Don’t let it discourage you, it happens. 

• 5 weeks later...

I aclimate my fish always 🙂 

first bag for 30 mins in the water and then drip aclimate  free that i put him in ... 

sorry i did not reply work had been rough....

yes maybe i think it was the stress 

and I always get my fish from a vendor who never ever gives me sick fish. 

Más he quarantines his fish before they go up for sale 

I don’t trust my lfs they always have sick fish ,and  last time they had live rock in a quarantine tank with copper in it .then they moved it to their coral section area that was my last straw with them and I am no expert still but I know plenty enough to never mix copper, live rock ,and coral ... that is a big no no .. 

Unfortunately, despite popular belief acclimating is more likely to kill a fish than help it. 

If interested I suggest you do a little research on acclimation vs drop and plop, you'll likely decide against acclimation going forward. 

• Like 1

I am against acclimation....I think it only increases the period the fish feels unsafe and stressed... Wrasse are particularly prone to stressing out.

Float and in they go... 

• Like 1