Pod Your Reef

RO/DI Meter

pretendo

Hey Guys I just replaced my DI resin, after the color changed.  Before that I was getting 0 PPM with the "out" meter. When cleaning the unit I took out the meter and put it on the floor for a bit. After getting everything setback up, my "in" is lower than my "out" -  do these kind of meters malfunction after time? "in" says 5 PPM "out" is saying 6-7 PPM

using this HM meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EHAZGW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

I guess ill let it run for a bit and see - and is there a thing as packing the DI resign too tight?

34 minutes ago, pretendo said:

Hey Guys I just replaced my DI resin, after the color changed.  Before that I was getting 0 PPM with the "out" meter. When cleaning the unit I took out the meter and put it on the floor for a bit. After getting everything setback up, my "in" is lower than my "out" -  do these kind of meters malfunction after time? "in" says 5 PPM "out" is saying 6-7 PPM

using this HM meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EHAZGW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

I guess ill let it run for a bit and see - and is there a thing as packing the DI resign too tight?

When packing the di resin it's best to put in a little at a time and tap the canister, then add more, tap again. This allows the di resin properly without gaps.

The tds meters do need cleaning with vinegar from time to time. There are instructions on it online or with the ro/di unit

• Like 1