Top Shelf Aquatics

Ricordea Florida Swimming

Daniel91

Before I create a separate thread to get some input on the actual size of this tiny thing, I might have an issue.

So I would like avoid glueing it, if possible. But EVERYWHERE I put it, the random flow from spinstream takes it somewhere that is either not covered by light and/or somewhere in the back rockwork where I cannot see it.

I know they can wander but the flow seems way to strong for it.

Suggestions?

I like to put them in a container with rubble rock that has a lid on it. Just cut some holes for a little food transfer and come back a week later it is usually attached to something I can glue where I want it. 

• Like 4

They seem to be one of the few “corals” that actually like to touch each other. I had two that were not really doing anything in separate locations on rubble. I moved them to the top of the rock and one of my trochus moved one til it was touching the other. They’re both expanding now and looking really great. Maybe it was the increase in light but I’ve read they seem to enjoy being in contact with each other. I just don’t know which is true, but I do know they expand more now.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, Boggers said:

I like to put them in a container with rubble rock that has a lid on it. Just cut some holes for a little food transfer and come back a week later it is usually attached to something I can glue where I want it. 

Be careful doing it this way.  There needs to be enough flow entering the container or your mushie may wither away.  If the isn't, make sure to give or a good boost a couple of times a day to dust off the junk.