Porkpie5000

Float Switch Holder

Porkpie5000

Will your Magnetic Holder for Neptune Systems Optical Level Sensor work for a regular float switch? If not, do you have something that will?

Thanks

specore
7 minutes ago, Porkpie5000 said:

Will your Magnetic Holder for Neptune Systems Optical Level Sensor work for a regular float switch? If not, do you have something that will?

Thanks

I personally wouldn't trust it with a regular float switch, regardless of the answer.  An optical sensor has very little buoyancy, vs a float switch which has a lot of bouyancy and could easily move these magnets over the course of a few cycles.  

Oceanbox Designs
On 9/20/2018 at 4:02 PM, Porkpie5000 said:

Thanks

This is for the Neptune optical sensor only, sorry I don't have one for a float switch.

Oceanbox Designs
On 9/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, specore said:

I personally wouldn't trust it with a regular float switch, regardless of the answer.  An optical sensor has very little buoyancy, vs a float switch which has a lot of bouyancy and could easily move these magnets over the course of a few cycles.  

That is a possibility, I'm still using one of my DIY top off with a float switch but I have it on a custom acrylic hang-on bracket.