Cultivated Reef

New Rimless Shallow cube build

chathurai

Hello Guys,

I have failed with my previous build in DSB setup, so i have removed sandbed and started new tank with sump,

this will be Aquaforest probiotic methode reef mainly focused in to sps and lps,

System info

Tank : 24*22*12 inch edge polished shallow cube

Overflow :pokpo2500 Hob overflow

Sump:12*12*12 cube,

Filteration: 500 microne filtersock, AF Zeomix,Carbon, Phospate remover,

Light : kessil a150 ocan blue and skyblue

Chiller: Ocean geotronics 60

Bacteria additives  : AF Probio S, AF -np pro, started with prodibio biogiesgest and bioptiem 

Lets start the journey, here with i'm attaching some photos of aquascape of new setup 🙂 

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 5.21.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 5.20.34 PM.png

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, chathurai said:

Hello Guys,

I have failed with my previous build in DSB setup, so i have removed sandbed and started new tank with sump,

this will be Aquaforest probiotic methode reef mainly focused in to sps and lps,

System info

Bacteria additives  : AF Probio S, AF -np pro, started with prodibio biogiesgest and bioptiem 

Lets start the journey, here with i'm attaching some photos of aquascape of new setup 🙂 

I like the dimensions on that tank. 🙂

Whats with the golden cock in the corner?  😅

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I like the dimensions on that tank. 🙂

Whats with the golden cock in the corner?  😅

that would be traditional oil lamp in sri lanka. very hard to find this on houses these days.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chathurai said:

Hello Guys,

System info

Are you going to run this without water? 

seems very simple aquascape and neat. looking forward to seen from you.

Happy reefing.

Okii.. Yesturday i have made few changes.. due to lack of space for heat distribution my peltech chiller wont work properly . so i have change the chiller placement and added 10mm insulation tubes to cover water return from chiller to sump.no2 readings are around 1 on salifert testkit. ammonia 0. i got five green chomis and two died on arrival ,i know its bit early to put  any fish, but its really hard to find chormis in srilanka. so remaining three seems doing fine. and i have added Aquaforest Zeomix 100g on my sump chamber. will see how it goes, if i got 0 no2 readings i have to start dosing pro bio s and -np pro.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have started dosing Aquaforest Probio S and -np pro. and purple up for coraline growth ,added few zoa colonies last week, some are still closed i hope those colonies will open soon,

Here is my dosing regimen till next month

1 drop probio S daily

1 drop -np pro daily

0.5ml KZ Phol's Xtra twice a week

2ml purple up daily

1 drop kz amino acid twice a week

Filteration 

100g AF Zeomix

250 Seache matrix

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have added shining radium color gonipora .goniapora is not that hard to keep with natural saltwater , many reefer in srilanka grow gonipora in aquariums successfully .ving

im on forth week with my aquaforest based system ,but still im having high no3 po4 issue (10-15 no3) (0.5 po4). im doing i drop of pro bio S and -np pro daily . in combination of zeomix and seachem matrix . maybe im running zeomix on higher flow rate .any ideas ? 

IMG_5657.JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Almost two months . paused dosing of AF probio s and -np pro. because im still having high no3 (10-15). and i have reduce the fishes .now i only have two small clowns only.

added few sps frags and those are seems doing good 

IMG_6224.JPG

• Like 3
On 11/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, specore said:

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like your table may be struggling with the weight.  

image.png.ab214fd3ed31b1b92331c08806540372.png

Yeah, there were some small bend when i made this stand. this is from the pice of wood it self  and not because of the weight of the tank. i have all-ready installed 

regiform sheet below the tank to absorbe that shape

• Like 1