Coral Vue Hydros

Rbta dying??

Minmay

Well, this isnt a good sign now is it?? Params are all in check. I just did a water change yesterday. It started looking like that this after. Should I just watch it? Try to feed it? Take it out? 

20180916_150812.jpg

2 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

What size tank? Did you match the salinity and temperature with the waterchange Water?

I have IM 30L. Sorry, i meant to type afternoon today. Yup, matched temp/Salinity and i check with a refractometer. Its not gaping as much anymore but its the first time it has done that so i was concerned. I've read in the past that gaping mouth isnt a good sign but I've also read that Rbta do weird stuff sometimes. It looks like this right now

20180916_154839.jpg

Ok yeah, ananomes Can be bratty and Big divas. If you Can confirm that no major swing in any of the parameters has happend it could potentially be the “refreshment” of water nutrients. 

As an example, my torch would at times completely close the first day or two after a waterchange and then come back bigger than ever.

Again, it may be a different cause but I would personally leave it alone to acclimate or get comfy again. If it’s been a while, then you could try to feed it. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Ok yeah, ananomes Can be bratty and Big divas. If you Can confirm that no major swing in any of the parameters has happend it could potentially be the “refreshment” of water nutrients. 

As an example, my torch would at times completely close the first day or two after a waterchange and then come back bigger than ever.

Again, it may be a different cause but I would personally leave it alone to acclimate or get comfy again. If it’s been a while, then you could try to feed it. 

I havent fed him since last week. Im defosting a muscle right now. Gonna give a small portion later. I hope it pulls thru. Everything else seems to be doin fine. My RFAs are doing fine. Its just the RBTA looking crazy. Im debating if I want to put my clown fish in "jail" for awhile. Maybe its irritating it. 

Is it sliming? The gaping mouth is a little alarming but mine have done this after water changes sometimes some crap gets stirred up and they react in different ways. I wouldn't rush to feed it though. Noticed your in San Diego.....where did you get it and how long have you had it? 

6 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Is it sliming? The gaping mouth is a little alarming but mine have done this after water changes sometimes some crap gets stirred up and they react in different ways. I wouldn't rush to feed it though. Noticed your in San Diego.....where did you get it and how long have you had it? 

No sliming. I've had him for 4mo now. He's been doing fine. He walks around but for the past week he's been at this spot. I got him at SD Corals. Meghan and Chris's shop is close to my place so I normally go there. If im in the clairemo t area then I'll go to Aquarium Warehouse

25 minutes ago, Minmay said:

No sliming. I've had him for 4mo now. He's been doing fine. He walks around but for the past week he's been at this spot. I got him at SD Corals. Meghan and Chris's shop is close to my place so I normally go there. If im in the clairemo t area then I'll go to Aquarium Warehouse

I asked cause I have one thats split like 20 times and was wondering if you picked it up from a SDReefs member ive given them away and sold quite a few of the offspring.   SD corals is legit. You involved in the local club? 

54 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I asked cause I have one thats split like 20 times and was wondering if you picked it up from a SDReefs member ive given them away and sold quite a few of the offspring.   SD corals is legit. You involved in the local club? 

I think i created an acct at a local reefing club but I dont log on it. Im usually on here. Its nice to finally see someone on NR thats from diego! I love SD Corals. They are nice ppl and Meghan is a great help when i first started my tank over a year ago. I went from a fluval 13g to my IM 30g. I also go to Vets Pets but his tanks sucks. I only go there cuz he's just a few blocks by my place. I never buy coral there. I've only bought a baby valentini puffer (I just had to save him lol) and food there. 

There are a few of us here. Not to get off your topic but there is a fairly new local club SDMA https://sdma.club/ worth checking out. Monthly meetings and great people involved. I dont know how old you are but Robert Fenner is having the next meeting at his house. I have a bunch of books he wrote before the interwebs and its awesome that he is involved in the local club. Just learned about the club at MACNA and am excited to participate in in a local reef club again. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Sancho said:

There are a few of us here. Not to get off your topic but there is a fairly new local club SDMA https://sdma.club/ worth checking out. Monthly meetings and great people involved. I dont know how old you are but Robert Fenner is having the next meeting at his house. I have a bunch of books he wrote before the interwebs and its awesome that he is involved in the local club. Just learned about the club at MACNA and am excited to participate in in a local reef club again. 

I'll check that out. It would be great to meet some ppl that have the same interest because I'm sure my friends and wife are tired of me talkin about fish/coral to them lol

• Haha 1

So I think i found out the cause of why my tank started to look like shit. When i was doing maintenance in Sunday I must've knocked over a piece of wood in the back chamber and didnt realize it. Well, i kept looking at my tank wondering why it was so cloudy and the corals and RBTA started lookin like crap. So, yesterday I did another WC. Took for gallons out and put some Matrix Carbon. The cloudiness seems to be goin away and my corals look much better. My RBTA on the other hand still looks pissed but is still stickin to rock. It actually walked lastnight and found him on top of rock instead of the bottom side. He still looks like shit tho and i dont know if I should take him out or just do another WC today? What do u guys think?