Pod Your Reef

32gal biocube

clarkematthew1

clarkematthew1

Just picked up a 32gal biocube, with a used coralife biocube skimmer. Not a fan of the skimmer, I want an upgrade and would like to have a fuge in the back. I'm new to the forum and would love suggestions or links to other builds. Not new to reefing, had a in-wall 90gal that I had to sell

There is tons of info here on the BioCube 32, just do a search or browse the all in one forum.

Coralife skimmer is junk.  Better option is the Tunze 9001 in the 2nd chamber.  Use it next to a Media Basket.  If you want a fuge you can create on in the basket.    You could also skip on the skimmer and do media and fuge basket, but personally I would go Media Basket and skimmer.   Chemical and mechanical media in the Basket.

I recently setup a 32 gallon Biocube. No skimmer, just floss on the top rack (in place of the crappy stock carbon filter), more floss with chemi pure elite on the second rack, and I am using the lower “rack” as a refugium. I run my JBJ nano light opposite my tank lights. Right now I have a low bio load (just two clowns) so I will see how this setup works over time.