Cultivated Reef

JBJ ATO NOT WORKING

reefman710

I was givin a JBJ ATO for free by my flight instructor. He told me he had been using it for over a year and it was working when it was plugged in. iIwas given the control unit and one sensor ( he said he only used one sensor for a year). Upon plugging everything and hooking up a MJ900 pump it will not work. It is in MODE A with the sensor in the back of my AIO Pump section. with or without the sensor plugged in, when the unit is plugged in the unit will illuminate the "PUMP" yellow light for a few seconds pumping water before shutting off. Once the pumping stops no more lights eill illiminate other than the Power light. 

I tried moving the sensor from sensor port A to port B and it still does not illiminate under any of the modes ( A OR B)

is it safe to say i need to order a new sensor?

now that i look closley the sensor 1 light is SLIGHTLY illuminated ( with water level low)  when on mode B

ATO.jpeg

My experience with these as well as the reputation they have is the control unit itself goes bad after a year or two of use.   Could be sensor, but I think more than likely the unit itself is crapping out.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, specore said:

My experience with these as well as the reputation they have is the control unit itself goes bad after a year or two of use.   Could be sensor, but I think more than likely the unit itself is crapping out.

10 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Try a new sensor, I've been running these for 5 years and the sensor is what goes bad on them. I think I've gotten 3 years out of a sensor before it died.

" Tanks" for the replies. ill stop by my lfs, see if they have any floats to test the unit and go from there!!