Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is this Aiptasia?

MultipleTankSyndrome

MultipleTankSyndrome

Is this Aiptasia and if so what would be the safest way to remove it?

They area located on / within a frogspawn coral that I bought a week or so..... I am worried hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice will be too harsh based on location but you tell me what you think. I'm still a newbie at reefing so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. In hindsight, I know I should have dipped the coral. I learned my lesson 😞

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

8 minutes ago, MultipleTankSyndrome said:

Is this Aiptasia and if so what would be the safest way to remove it?

They area located on / within a frogspawn coral that I bought a week or so..... I am worried hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice will be too harsh based on location but you tell me what you think. I'm still a newbie at reefing so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. In hindsight, I know I should have dipped the coral. I learned my lesson 😞

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

Yes. Maybe superglue?

• Like 1

I use hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice solution, stick into and inject inside the stalk, it will melt away—you can get a single needle syringe from your pharmacy, you might just need to explain why you need it. 

• Like 1
MultipleTankSyndrome
1 minute ago, Aurortpa said:

I use hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice solution, stick into and inject inside the stalk, it will melt away—you can get a single needle syringe from your pharmacy, you might just need to explain why you need it. 

I'll have to remember that @aurortpa! Luckily I have a bunch of syringes from amazon from dosing my planted tanks 🙂

• Like 2